Truck stop advice

Hello people iv had a surprise night out put on me and looking for a place to stop near j9 Oxford or preferably just of the a34 as I’ll be on my way to reading… any ideas thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Berty:
Hello people iv had a surprise night out put on me and looking for a place to stop near j9 Oxford or preferably just of the a34 as I’ll be on my way to reading… any ideas thanks in advance

If your lot pay parking then Cherwell valley is as good as any…m40/a34 Junction

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

^^ Cherwell, or layby on the A34… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
last time I was in Oxford, the industrial estates were no overnight parking. Even the big laybys on the A40 are time limited ffs.
Can you get to Newbury?

daftvader:

Berty:

+1 why should you have to slum it in a lay-by with nothing.
The mob I’m on pay all parking so I have all facilities.
Think your boss would cuppy down in the corner of the office for a dump ? Nope .
Park in the services and have some dignity.

nick2008:

daftvader:

Berty:

Think your boss would cuppy down in the corner of the office for a dump ? Nope .

Dignity? In the services? :laughing: :laughing:
Why are some people so obsessed with the idea of drivers stuck in laybys and ■■■■■■■■ in plastic bags? When I tramp, I use toilets , like normal people, before I park on some quiet industrial estate. I can only imagine that your bowel movements are frequent and urgent?

This company don’t pay parking but I’m getting 30 for stopping out I don’t mind using a bit of that somewhere I can have a shower etc…

the nodding donkey:
last time I was in Oxford, the industrial estates were no overnight parking. Even the big laybys on the A40 are time limited ffs.
Can you get to Newbury?

I might be able too mate why?

They don’t pay for parking? OK then park in a layby, but remember that you will be the one who is fined if you park without lights in a layby which is not separated from the carriageway. The call out fee for a jump start in the morning may well concentrate their mind on the wisdom of their policy.

Stop for your shower at one of the services on the way down the try Murdock Rd Bicester. Short stroll into town for pubs and eateries or free lorry park in Abingdon just over the river leaving town centre. There is a ticket machine but the patrol warden finishes at 17:00!

cav551:
They don’t pay for parking? OK then park in a layby, but remember that you will be the one who is fined if you park without lights in a layby which is not separated from the carriageway. The call out fee for a jump start in the morning may well concentrate their mind on the wisdom of their policy.

Why are you spouting such utter, utter dog toffee?

That has never happened in the history of ever, you complete ■■■■.

A.

Berty:

the nodding donkey:
Can you get to Newbury?

I might be able too mate why?

Good parking in Newbury, walking distance of town, for pubs and takeaways

Thanks for ur advice fellas iv played it safe and opted for Cherwell valley services after coming to an agreement with my gaffer… I know it’s a bit ■■■■■ with them not paying parking as many of you have said but the company isn’t the best and I probably won’t be here for long anyway so I don’t wanna go all into to that… nights out are rare here but the end of the day I’m doing them a favour so we came to an agreement so it’s all good now : )

nick2008:

daftvader:

Berty:

+2

My mob insist on secure parking, even if it means going off route.

Since when have msa’s been secure

Yeah have fun finding a lay by on the 34. Best bet Cherwell!!

the nodding donkey:

nick2008:

daftvader:

Berty:

Dignity? In the services? :laughing: :laughing:
Why are some people so obsessed with the idea of drivers stuck in laybys and ■■■■■■■■ in plastic bags? When I tramp, I use toilets , like normal people, before I park on some quiet industrial estate. I can only imagine that your bowel movements are frequent and urgent?

Agreed, MSAs are hardly the most exciting places to park. :unamused:

I’m with you, ind ests close to town facilities, for me.
Tues night watched the football in the pub in Kilmarnock, tonight parked in a yard in a Devon village to tip in morning, sat in a country pub had a bloody great meal and a couple of pints.
(Not getting ■■■■■■ either before the prissy self righteous puritans start :unamused: )

A bit of social life in the job makes things a lot more enjoyable.
You can ■■■■ keep msa.s and lay bys for me.

agusta58:
Since when have msa’s been secure

They’re not, but as my firm insist, and they’re paying, who am I to argue?

I tend to use truckstops rather than MSAs where possible though.

Cherwell valley is a curtain ■■■■■ hotspot.
I’d have gone bicester.

One of the very very few lay bys I will park in is in that area.
On the old Oxford Banbury road just outside Kidlington, big lay by all lit up like Blackpool.
Oh, …and there’s a pub in it :smiley: called Sturdy’s Castle, great food. (albeit a bit pricey)
But you guys just stick to your MSA.s.

A fave spot of mine too Robroy.
Been using it for years, also have a few more dotted round the country (all with hostelries)
as I’m sure you do too.
Can’t beat running “the old roads” near parking up time…