Truck starting problem

I drive a man. Truck. Usually turn key and it fires up starts straight away… today for some reason turn the key and seem take Bout 5 10 seconds to fire up.
Talking To some driver while waiting get tipped. He said your battery is in its way out.
So curious if it is? Or what it could be .
Rang office they don’t care long as it starts

Mine does this for a while after a service when it’s had a new fuel filter fitted. You’ll know your battery is on the way out when it won’t start at all :wink:

If the batteries were failing it wouldn’t be turning over for 10seconds, I would say.
Sounds like summat is wrong, but not batteries…yet…

edd1974:
I drive a man…

That’s your problem there.

Turn key on, leave for 10 seconds or so before you crank it, see what happens then. If it fires up quicker check for fuel leaks. If you couldn’t find any and its firing up quicker I’d say check for whiteish smoke from the exhaust (not steam) and see if it stank of diesel which would indicate worn injectors leaking fuel into the cylinders overnight and de-pressurising the system but sadly DPF filters make checking exhausts for signs of problems something you can no longer really do until it’s proper knackered.

I called into mv commercials where are Tuck’s are laesed from. The fella basiaclly drianed a lot of water from the fuel filter. And touch wood seems a lot better upto now