Truck satnav

Hia folkes.

Ive just parted £295 for a snooper s6000 truck satnav.

Had a quick trial in my car tonight and put in extremely high tolerances on height and
Weight etc. Seem to work pretty good on pre-warnings and redirecting.

I will update on it over time.

In one of the lorries I drive they have a snooper and yes very good as regards to warnings like 10% hills etc and even high wind places i put it on to go to a place that go regularly (so know my way) and did give a strange route the one i do was done by reading a map and also a few little tips from a mbr on here and to be honest I would double check on a map as well you might just find a better route that way and just use the snooper for a bit of guidence as the ol saying goes its takes a man to err !! but a computer to totally ■■■■ it up :laughing:

all the best

Jen x

Always check on a map first, i only use mine for finding the way at the end.

Have the best sat nav the mark 1 eyeball

Ask alix776 about sat navs as he test them or used to

some good tips there…thanks

im goin to buy one myself as my old tom tom is on its way out so might as well buy one for the job but at the mo i use it along side an aa truckers atlas o n a mobile phone to ring a mate just incase :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was given the Snooper s6000 Truckmate as a present a couple of years ago at christmas (spoiled, yes I know) but it was the caravan one that arrived. I phoned them to explain it was the truck one I needed and they said they were the same thing, both caravans and trucks use the same speed limits and its just that the caravan one displays campsites in it so is actually better than the truck one!

Erm…

I asked if I could still swap it for the truck one as I have no intention of ever taking up caravanning and no, they don’t use the same speed limits. The truck one seemingly has ADR info in it too. They said it would cost £50 to change the card, even though it was the Truckmate that had been paid for (at a special discount price at the time). Turns out there were no Truckmates left in the country at that time so they were selling the caravan ones as truck ones but at £50 cheaper. Or was it £35, can’t remember for sure.

It’s an ok bit of kit but there’s a few things that bug me:
I’ve never managed to get the freeview tv working on it but that could be to do with where I’ve tried it rather than it being knackered.
It’s a pain in the hoop entering addresses when you don’t know the number of the street.
The touchscreen has a couple of places where I really have to press it to get it to work.
In the dark the night display is too bright for me despite it being on it’s dimmest setting.
In town it gets confused on roundabouts but maybe all sat navs are the same?
It can be pretty annoying when it warns you that a speed trap is coming up, it starts beeping very early and doesn’t shut up until you pass it even if you are going at the correct speed. Try using it on the A90 between Aberdeen and Dundee, I had to pull over to disable the function.

That sounds like quite a lot of negatives when I see them typed out but I still like it, I don’t use it all that often and don’t think there’s such a thing as a perfect one anyway.

dave75:
The truck one seemingly has ADR info in it too.

Hi Dave,

Could I ask what kind of ADR info it has please?

I’m not entirely sure Dave because I still have the caravan one! I was thinking it might have the facility to avoid roads that flammable loads aren’t allowed, the Clyde tunnel is an example. I’m not sure of any other roads that have similar restrictions but that’s something I’d rather find out in advance rather than have the sat nav try to take me past a warning sign and there not being anywhere to turn. Maybe it’s marketing hype but I’m pretty sure I read somewhere about the Truckmate having info for hazardous loads.

dieseldave:

dave75:
The truck one seemingly has ADR info in it too.

Hi Dave,

Could I ask what kind of ADR info it has please?

This is on the S7000 model:-
You put in the load type, None(Normal), Hazardous, Explosive and Flammable or Harmful for Water. No idea what happens when you tick one of the above boxes, I don’t like this Snooper so it’s unused.