Truck Sat Nav....

Doubtless this has been cussed and discussed several times before, but its a fast moving world so perhaps we can do it one more time…

Want a truck Sat nav - either specific or a general purpose one plus the relevant map(s).

I want:
Configurable for different size vehicles.
Bluetooth Hands-free for the damned phone
Traffic-aware routing would be nice.

I don’t care about:
European maps - cos I live and work in Britain
Television reception - 'cos there’s naff all to watch on telly anyway.

Where - which brand/model and how much.■■? - is it possible to simply install a truck map in a standard Sat nav■■?

DougR:
Doubtless this has been cussed and discussed several times before, but its a fast moving world so perhaps we can do it one more time…

Yep, it comes up about every two weeks on average. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

try here
viewforum.php?f=8

iPad with Renault TruckNav on it.

Huge screen and its never set me wrong yet. Plus you get to use Google maps, streetview etc, or whatever else you want.
I’ve had plenty of supposed “Professional” sat nav’s and its the only one I’ve been totally happy with.

I have a Pronav 300, its pretty good to be fair but i dont tend to use it much if i can help it, only use it if im really struggling. Problem with a sat nav is that it could be taking you anywhere and you wouldn’t even know.

snooper s2000

I have a Snooper S7000… its good but I am not a massive fan of the way it ALWAYS takes you via major A roads and motorways when there is a perfectly passable and quicker route it could take you go via instead. For example, Manchester > Chesterfield. It takes you M62, M1. You can shave about half an hour off by going A6, A623 or its even a bit quicker to use the A616 and pick up the M1 at Sheffield. A bit of geographical knowledge to correct it doesn’t go a miss quite often.

However, its good for doing fiddly town centre deliveries etc. when you are delivering to shop fronts in restricted zones if you have it on ‘Delivery’ mode. I have found it knows which restricted zones allow access for loading and it warns you of possible time restrictions. Better than just being dumped somewere nearby because your sat nav assumes you can’t get near your actual destination.

ldg2009:
snooper s2000

Currently out of stock but if you’re lucky you can get a free upgrade to the S6000 Lite :wink: