Truck Sat Nav

Any help on best truck sat nav to get?

I got one of the cheapo 40 quid jobbies from eBay. Can’t fault it personally other than it really needs a 24v supply to keep it charged in use. Never let me down route wise though. Unfortunately I’ve not needed it for a while and just found I’ve smashed the screen whilst it’s been in my bag. I’m definitely going to get another. I could by 5 or 6 of them and it’s still cheaper than a Tom Tom.

dreamingofoz:
I got one of the cheapo 40 quid jobbies from eBay. Can’t fault it personally other than it really needs a 24v supply to keep it charged in use. Never let me down route wise though. Unfortunately I’ve not needed it for a while and just found I’ve smashed the screen whilst it’s been in my bag. I’m definitely going to get another. I could by 5 or 6 of them and it’s still cheaper than a Tom Tom.

Got a link for it?

They ain’t great mate to many quirks with them and only partial postcodes . There is a bloke on truckbay on Facebook selling brand new tomtoms with the latest truck mapping for £149 with lifetime live much better of with those trust me . The Chinese ones are ok if all you do is Rdc’s and the like . The detail of the maps is good tho but a git to update

chester1:
They ain’t great mate to many quirks with them and only partial postcodes . There is a bloke on truckbay on Facebook selling brand new tomtoms with the latest truck mapping for £149 with lifetime live much better of with those trust me . The Chinese ones are ok if all you do is Rdc’s and the like . The detail of the maps is good tho but a git to update

Most have full postcodes, just have to remember to put a space between the first and second part of code. They won’t accept it all together like a tomtom or Garmin would

I thought only did partial till I remembered this bit

I got this one awhile back just to see if its any good, it was £5 cheaper then, but it works, full postcodes, european maps etc. havent used all the extra stuff it says it can do though, and once it tried sending me a longer way round to a place i knew how to get to but that had something to do with the routing options,avoid certain areas type thing, the industrial estate was marked as weight limited for some reason.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noza-Tec-Bluetooth-Navigation-Navigator/dp/B00ORJ1DH4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1432336304&sr=8-3&keywords=truck+sat+nav

Why pay nearly 50 quid for it when for 28 you can get it on your smartphone maps are stored on the device too