Truck sat nav on ebay

Hi guys, was wondering if any of you have one of these or know anyone who has (ebay item no.260911359316).
A few guys at work have got them and say they are absolutely great as a car sat nav as they come with loads of european maps already installed and you get lifetime updates for free. Some of my colleagues have used them all over the country and also in europe with no problems. I have seen my mates one in the flesh and it does look like a good bit of kit with lots of good functions. But i don’t know what the truck version is like.
My little Garmin is getting a bit long in the tooth now and I have never updated the maps due to the over the top cost and also it is also only a car sat nav so is not ideal when in a truck. However, it has been very good to me over the years.
So do any of you know if this device that I have mentioned is any good in truck form?
In car form it’s an absolute bargain and like i’ve said all the feedback I’ve had is excellent.
Any help would be great.

Nick

Don’t know about that particular one, but I’ve got one from here:

http://www.hgv-trucktables.co.uk/truck-sat-nav.php

The software is spot-on, and I use it daily with no problems. I previously had one the same, but dropped it a week ago and cracked the screen - the new one has the same software (Igo Primo HGV), with updated maps. Cost me a smidgeon over £60 with postage, and arrived the next day.

Gary

Bought one 2 weeks ago for a friend who doesn’t have an E.Bay account, and when I came to update the free maps, the mapping was 12 months out of date, with 2012 being their latest. (TomTom is every 3 months with August 2013 being the latest.) So I left them neutral feedback, and since then they haven’t stopped pestering me to change it, even giving me 20% of the price back, and today offering me a free memory stick. I am also getting phone calls on my mobile from the Far East. (+86 international code.)

Hopefully their next offer will be a full refund.

So do beware when buying one of these, as the map updates can be outdated.

Ken.

Mine arrived the other day, and also the maps are 2012
I tried to follow the updates, but havn’t managed to sort it
Still waiting to road test it when I get back to work

Mine arrived the other day, and also the maps are 2012
I tried to follow the updates, but havn’t managed to sort it
Still waiting to road test it when I get back to work

scaniason:

The software is spot-on, and I use it daily with no problems. I previously had one the same, but dropped it a week ago and cracked the screen - the new one has the same software (Igo Primo HGV), with updated maps. Cost me a smidgeon over £60 with postage, and arrived the next day.

Gary

Are these 12/24v as im getting a new truck in a couple of months and dont know if the cig lighter will be 12 or 24? ta.

Yes, the adaptor works in either 12 or 24v.

Gary

scaniason:

Gary

Got one from this guy as well, good sat nav and highly recommended guy to use, he’s also a trucker so knows what we need.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

hi i bought this one a bit more expensive but you can phone the guy up and he is english and will help you sort any problems out and it works ok

ebay.co.uk/itm/Eroda-TRUCK-8 … 2576d9bf86