Truck respray

How much would a respray cost for a tractor unit, including having the chassis painted too?
I’m thinking just one colour no airbruch work etc.

cheers

way_1974:
How much would a respray cost for a tractor unit, including having the chassis painted too?
I’m thinking just one colour no airbruch work etc.

cheers

Would be worth getting in touch with globby480 as he has had a few motors painted so he will know.

Probably a lot more than you’re thinking. As you don’t show a location, i can’t suggest anybody to speak to. I don’t know, but you’re certainly looking in the thousands.

Post might have been read by more knowledgeable people in the Owner Drivers section. Mostly just drivers here.

DSA ADI
LGV C+E Instructor (rtd)
G.E.M
RoSPA Gold (car)

any where from a cpl of k, upwards but ave"s is around 3k ish, give and take a few pound

if you are near Staffordshire try Stan Robinson (the haulier) at Seighford near Stafford.

He sprays all of ours (boss never buys anything new :exclamation: ) and they do a bloody good job, dont know about price though sorry.

We had our new tractor unit sprayed at the begining of 2008 for about £2K, this included doing alot of the plastic bits. they also removed things like door panels so the colour inside the door matched the outside. But we didn’t get the chassis painted.

This cost me £1500

Cab only, no chassis work. I was quoted up to £6K by the companies with big overheads, eventually got it done at a crappy looking backstreet place, who did a reasonable job, enough to win 3rd place at HaydockTruckfest '07

Go to Homebase
buy some Sandpaper differend corn-size,to make the old Paint overworked and Roost made away
get you some Polyester,to fill some nasty
some Tapes and Newspaper to cower Glas,Crom,Mirrors,and other which shall not painted
2 Kilo Primer
5 Kilo Paint
3 Liter Hardener for Paint
5 Liter thinner for cleaning
Sprayer Electro,if you havent a Compressor
Maybe some over £200.- and 3 day Work
If you work hard and don’t need a show truck.
Later can you do some additional Painting with a Brush. But now do it just White,i would say.

i have a mate near fleetwood, if it’s not too far from you i’ll have a word.

just cost me 2.3k but that was for pearlescent paint and just the cab { inside the doors etc}

Thanks for all the help and replies.
I’ll be buying a unit next year and keeping all the info from this post safe and ready.
Cheers again everyone
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: