Truck racing @ donington

Did anybody go today what did you think?

I was there, really enjoyed it. Had a fantastic day

Only thing that pi55ed me off was the vans charging £2.00 for a tea and £3.00 for a coffee

They should be shot for charging that kind of money.

Did you go?

I got some tickets but ended up working so had to give them away, but thanks go to Renault for the opportunity. :slight_smile:

Went 2 years ago though, with a corporate hospitality through a friend of mine, and had a really good day.

Ken.

I went today with my boss on some free tickets. Had a cracking day.

Already looking at going again. Still several races to go in the British Truck Racing Championship.

went today had a brill time
1st truck race it had rained so the racing was a bit slower ( although some contact at times)
2nd race ( reverse grid) and dry was brilliant
as for the price of food and drink yep rip off,glad mrs packed a picnic

ramhead:
1st truck race it had rained so the racing was a bit slower ( although some contact at times)

We raided tosco at 10 pm the night before and got crisps, pop, sweets snacks etc.

As it happens I was in the q8 corporate box and was treated very very well. Had a great view and free tea and coffee…

I was just commenting on the shear cheek of the firms selling the food at 300% more than the e.coli merchants vend it at…

Yeah I went got the tickets off Renault really enjoyed the racing the food was just a joke. If I did nt get tickets next year would probably pay and will definatly be taking a picnic where did u all stand?

I was there, down near Craner Curves on the banking. Didn’t get the free tickets because I bought mine about 4 months ago :cry:

I’ve put some pics up on facebook.

Had a great time, took my mates SLK down, sunshine all the way so roof back, rained on and off all day, then sunshine all the way home so roof back :grimacing:

thelorryist:

ramhead:

We raided tosco at 10 pm the night before and got crisps, pop, sweets snacks etc.

As it happens I was in the q8 corporate box and was treated very very well. Had a great view and free tea and coffee…

I was just commenting on the shear cheek of the firms selling the food at 300% more than the e.coli merchants vend it at…

I took a packed lunch too, knew the prices were going to be dear, a mate runs a catering vans for events and said the pitches were around £1050 at this event, hence the prices :open_mouth:

Here’s 1 pic because I felt a bit sorry for the TTX guy, but at least he entertained :sunglasses:

Got there a bit late yesterday, missed 2 races, first time i have been sice the late 80,s its changed a lot , i thought there might of been more truck related stores and more to look at during races , there was the help for heros girl collecting for charity :smiley: must of put a tenner in the box , . I wont be going back in a hurry to be honest should of gone to truckfest southwest.

I took the wife and kids and had a great time. Got a good spot at the beginning of the start finish straight. Would defiinately go again.

Thought the pickup trucks were good. I’m already looking at Fixtures for Rockingham. I’d like to see the pickups oval racing.

The only downer was the food prices. We took a big picnic and a flask :slight_smile:

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Stricko:
I took the wife and kids and had a great time. Got a good spot at the beginning of the start finish straight. Would defiinately go again.

Thought the pickup trucks were good. I’m already looking at Fixtures for Rockingham. I’d like to see the pickups oval racing.

The only downer was the food prices. We took a big picnic and a flask :slight_smile:

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Not seen the pickups recently at THe Rock but yeras ago they were great on the oval. When they used the oval for the ASCAR racing the pickups were sent out to try & dry the track if it was wet before they came out, also at one meeting the pickups went out & the ASCARS never did because it chucked it down more or less all day… They also the infield track to fill in. If you’ve never been to the Rock its a great track shame its not used more, toilets are clean & there’s plenty of them. WATCH out for the food & drink rip off merchants. going later this year for the BTCC in September.

waynedl:
I was there, down near Craner Curves on the banking. ]

Same place! Felt sorry for the TTX lad, half the circuit to go and he ends up on the grass.

Got in on a renault ticket and had a lunch ticket as well. :wink:

i went but never going to donington ever again the security people are d*hds! :angry: Me and my dad got moved on three times at the bank at craner curves coz of safety reasons my arse we watch the first race there but when the trucks came out they wanted to move people into one small spot at redgate which i think was more dangerous than where we were.If they though it was dangerous why didnt they field that area off before the races.
I’ve been to donny lots of times to watch truck racing and they’ve never had that crap before.Anyway less moaning it was good watching the races but could have done with some show trucks to look at but overall a 7/10 day out.

I was in the q8 oils box just abover the first bend near the start line. Saw some good action from there.

At least next time I go I will know to take more than munches and pop. No way. Am I paying £5 for a bacon butty!

I was there too and was also moved on by the security hitlers, food was waaaay too expensive ! but it was a great day out :slight_smile:

!st time for me but I was impressed. I was there courtesy of Renault so they fed us. Heres a few photos.

That bird in the middle.

Where is her ppe? Doesn’t she know she might get run over?

Ken.

You would help to revive her wouldnt you Ken?

Quinny:
That bird in the middle.

Where is her ppe? Doesn’t she know she might get run over?

Ken.

It ok, the trucks behind her were sneaking a cheeky 15 minute break in on the starting grid… No change of her been splatted…

planned to go tickets didnt arrive so went to work
still not come.

i will go next time i get a chance freebie or not