Truck photo

hanson:
all these companys except essex international did middle east well i dont think essex did middle east,the most famous one being astrans they had a film made about them at one time astrans trucks are stiill very famous and any pictures that can be shown are always great to look at.carmans went from being carmans to brit european still around today they work out of jcb at uttoxeter but i dont think they go abroad now .as for the rest they look like they are all independants there is a lot lads on here that will give more info than i have.

essex DID M/S along time before alot of these other companies .get your facts right

Eyebrow:

hanson:
all these companys except essex international did middle east well i dont think essex did middle east,the most famous one being astrans they had a film made about them at one time astrans trucks are stiill very famous and any pictures that can be shown are always great to look at.carmans went from being carmans to brit european still around today they work out of jcb at uttoxeter but i dont think they go abroad now .as for the rest they look like they are all independants there is a lot lads on here that will give more info than i have.

essex DID M/S along time before alot of these other companies .get your facts right

if you read the post correct I said don’t think which means im not sure it wasn’t a sentence of fact :wink:

Can any one help me, I found these photos on the net can any one tell me more about the photos , companys and the drivers please.

Vikinglord

vikinglord:
Can any one help me, I found these photos on the net can any one tell me more about the photos , companys and the drivers please.

Vikinglord

Lots here on the OLD TIME LORRIES, COMPANIES AND DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) section…

Pictures 4 and 6 are from a site about a run to a gold mine in Sarafshon,in eastern Russia. The site is run by a chap who posts on here called Dave Mackie…type his name into the search function (button at top of page) and you will find numerous posts by / about him.

I cant find the link to the original site but its well worth looking at (when you find it!! :laughing: ), some excellent long distance pics on there.

Hope this helps.

Bullitt