Truck Ovens Again Sorry!

ok so i have purchased a 24v 300w ovan fully expecting no plug on it as i was intending wiring it direct dew to the watts but on unpacking said ovan it has a ciggi lighter plug fitted so would it be ok on a 24 volt lighter socket ?

I’d say it might be ok, but more likely would be either the plug or the socket would melt, more likely after a few uses.

I’d chop it off and go with your original idea - don’t expect miracles out of the oven either :wink:

waynedl:
I’d say it might be ok, but more likely would be either the plug or the socket would melt, more likely after a few uses.

I’d chop it off and go with your original idea - don’t expect miracles out of the oven either :wink:

Well i had a smaller version only a 100 watt and it was ok for pies and stuff reason i went for this one is it heats from both sides so should be better smaller one took ages as it only heated from above

I thought this was another Eat More Chips story

Than realised it is Toby Ovens :laughing:

it will be drawing 12.5 amps :smiley:

big boots:
it will be drawing 12.5 amps :smiley:

think ill stick with the origional plan then dont think the cig lighters up to that

you could put an anderson plug on if there is a socket,better than connecting to the battery

big boots:
you could put an anderson plug on if there is a socket,better than connecting to the battery

thinking of an anderson connection behind the seat direct to battery with a 15 amp fuse in line

bjd:

big boots:

thinking of an anderson connection behind the seat direct to battery with a 15 amp fuse in line

try to get the fuse as close to the battery as possible for safety :smiley:

big boots:

bjd:

big boots:

try to get the fuse as close to the battery as possible for safety :smiley:

cheers big