Truck Nav's: Garmin, Tomtom or Snooper

Dieseldoforme:

Actrosman:
So much for ‘next day delivery’…coming on 27th!

Should’ve got it from Halfrauds!!

The TomTom 5150 is worth waiting for.

Your delivery Driver is probably using Snooper or Garmin.

More than likely a Navman…got the Mrs one of these a few years back, used it for a couple of nights on my travels to see how it faired. Poorly would be an understatement!

any owners here find there tomtom 5150 a bit on the laggy side regarding the menu’s?

groove88:
any owners here find there tomtom 5150 a bit on the laggy side regarding the menu’s?

Yeh, I find them to a bit laggy sometimes but not too bad. Don’t know how this compares to other makes but I presume the lag is due to the device connecting to the live traffic?

Can’t fault it otherwise

Having tried to update the Mapshare from TT on my 5150, it downloads it, but then when the screen comes back on the 'puter, it shows that it still needs downloading.

TT are aware of a bug on the 5150 regarding this issue, (I submitted a query.) and are ‘working on it.’

You have been warned.

Ken.

Enabling mapshare on tomtom IMO is always questionable, as some of the previous tomtoms have been known to lock up or freeze because of it

I have had Tom Tom 5150 for just a year now and it’s never let me down.
I have also renewed my live services too, as it’s great and saved me loads of time.

And my vote goes to the TomTom 5150 too - there seems to be little doubt about it.

Had a 5150 about 3 months and to be honest it isn’t that good, live traffic is regulary incorrect, routing is questionable, random reboots, and on a few ocassions I’ve pulled into services and it has rerouted and says I have reached my destination but still shows x number of miles and time left but refuses to do any more. Mapshare doesn’t work speed camera database in outdated (update unit at least once a week). My old 930t with truck navcore works better than this.
Submited query to tom tom two weeks ago still waiting for a response.
Last tom tom I will buy

Have to admit I went for 5150 but was let down and choose a Garmin 560, think its great apart from not being able to re-route round 7.5ton limits (no matter, thats what me maps for). Even last week it knew the M6 was shut before I did.

Struggled a bit find a Welsh address but my bad for not figuring out I had to change country. :blush:

Dieseldoforme:

Actrosman:

Mine has stopped rerouting round the M6 j5-6 closure and won’t come up with a route when using the recent destinations function. Sent a couple of tweets to TT and they asked if had been updated, ‘as roads change all the time’!! Phone call is next

Actrosman:

Dieseldoforme:

Actrosman:

Mine has stopped rerouting round the M6 j5-6 closure and won’t come up with a route when using the recent destinations function. Sent a couple of tweets to TT and they asked if had been updated, ‘as roads change all the time’!! Phone call is next

That was something else mine started doing, cured mine with a reset (turn off then hold power button until it it makes the drum sound)

Cheers mick_n3, I’ll try that before the phone call…funny thing is, it will say about the closure when heading South and will reroute!

Same as me Garmin, coming north on the M6 the other week I was coming off at j10 and there was an accident at j16 (according to matrix signs), the bloody thing kept trying to find an alternative route- all the bleeping got on me ■■■■ so turned it off (brave I know). Switched it back on at J6 and all was fine.

I tried the satnav endorsed by Bonnie Tyler once. It was rubbish, kept telling me to turn around, and every now and then it fell apart!
I’ll get my coat.

cracker-bar:
I tried the satnav endorsed by Bonnie Tyler once. It was rubbish, kept telling me to turn around, and every now and then it fell apart!
I’ll get my coat.

I bought the same one. Bloody rubbish, spent weeks in France looking for my drop!