Truck Navs and London Lorry Ban

Do any of the satnavs/apps have london lorry ban built into them?

adam277:

Snooper has.

What’s the lorry ban mate? They’re sending me to London all the time. In white city bbc at the minute

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Biglew74:
What’s the lorry ban mate? They’re sending me to London all the time. In white city bbc at the minute

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The lorry ban is a night time ban ends at 7.00am and starts around 21.00pm anything over 18tonne you have to follow certain routes

adam277:

From what aguri told me their truck sat navs recognise the London lorrry ban and route you accordingly . The tomtom truck satnavs dont recognise it

My TomTom trucker doesn’t recognise it, but it’s not hard to check the map and make sure you’re using the correct roads.

slowlane:
My TomTom trucker doesn’t recognise it, but it’s not hard to check the map and make sure you’re using the correct roads.

It’s not hard for me to get up and go to the toilet but I choose to ■■■■ in a bottle and throw it to one side.
See ma point innit.

adam277:

slowlane:

It’s not hard for me to get up and go to the toilet but I choose to ■■■■ in a bottle and throw it to one side.
See ma point innit.

:laughing: Nope! That whooshed me!

The lorry ban isn’t an issue. I sometimes have a collection from near Kings Cross. I can drive right into London on the A1 and only hit restricted roads for the last 1/2 mile. Basically start heading in about 6 am and if need be pull up somewhere for 5 minutes.

$$$:
The lorry ban isn’t an issue. I sometimes have a collection from near Kings Cross. I can drive right into London on the A1 and only hit restricted roads for the last 1/2 mile. Basically start heading in about 6 am and if need be pull up somewhere for 5 minutes.

I work weekends :stuck_out_tongue:.

$$$:

Pull up somewhere? That close to kings cross? I didn’t know there was anywhere to pull up in London :laughing:

slowlane:

You’d think that they would at least get the map right! The map shows that the A312 around Heathrow has NO night time restrictions however there IS a restriction - a sign is in place after the roundabout when coming off the A40… or am I missing something?

Google maps shows the restriction sign and as of last week the sign is still there so it is not a case of google being out of date.

123smith:

slowlane:

You’d think that they would at least get the map right! The map shows that the A312 around Heathrow has NO night time restrictions however there IS a restriction - a sign is in place after the roundabout when coming off the A40… or am I missing something?

Google maps shows the restriction sign and as of last week the sign is still there so it is not a case of google being out of date.

It’s more profitable to get the lorry ban map wrong than it is to keep it spot on! That’s my cynical view of the morning! :imp:

When it comes down to it, a map of any flavour is a guide, and it’s down to the driver on the road to finesse the difference between paper and road. I think that’s easy to forget sometimes, as we rely more and more on technology we’re getting less adaptive. :question:

DickyNick:
Pull up somewhere? That close to kings cross? I didn’t know there was anywhere to pull up in London :laughing:

Pull up at traffic lights. Hazards on. Crack the front bit open. Get out periodically with phone to ear as if you’re on the phone to maintenance doing a bit of fault finding. 45 minutes later, drive off. If cops come just tell em it won’t go in gear but act all amazed as it suddenly fixes itself. Probably just over heated a bit officer.

Terry T:

DickyNick:

Pull up at traffic lights. Hazards on. Crack the front bit open. Get out periodically with phone to ear as if you’re on the phone to maintenance doing a bit of fault finding. 45 minutes later, drive off. If cops come just tell em it won’t go in gear but act all amazed as it suddenly fixes itself. Probably just over heated a bit officer.

Add in much flailing of arms for extra added bonus

DickyNick:

$$$:

Can when you drive a transporter like he does :laughing: , any convenient garage or car rental site, pull up nearby.
Also driving one absolves you of any worries about weight limits…so i’m told :smiling_imp:

123smith:

:confused:

The A312 at the A40 isn’t ‘around Heathrow’ and there’s certainly never been any night time truck ban between the M4 or A4 and Hampton.Let alone Cranford, Feltham,or Hanworth at least.While if there was it would create havoc for all the operators based there such as my previous employers and don’t see any such signs at the A40/A 312 roundabout exit on street view either.

Carryfast:
…don’t see any such signs at the A40/A 312 roundabout exit on street view either.

Look a bit harder it’s there! Right hand side of the road behind the railings, set slightly back from the junction when coming off the A40 onto the A312 (Church Road)

I never mentioned anything about Branford or Hampton the M4 or the A4 etc not sure what they have to do with my post.

I also never said that the A312 at the A40 was around Heathrow - the A312 itself does go past the bottom corner of Heathrow, I didnt feel the need to be more specific than saying the A312 was “around Heathrow”.

Can someone help me out with a screenshot of the junction from Google earth?

123smith:

Carryfast:
…don’t see any such signs at the A40/A 312 roundabout exit on street view either.

Look a bit harder it’s there! Right hand side of the road behind the railings, set slightly back from the junction when coming off the A40 onto the A312 (Church Road)

I never mentioned anything about Branford or Hampton the M4 or the A4 etc not sure what they have to do with my post.

I also never said that the A312 at the A40 was around Heathrow - the A312 itself does go past the bottom corner of Heathrow, I didnt feel the need to be more specific than saying the A312 was “around Heathrow”.

Can someone help me out with a screenshot of the junction from Google earth?

Firstly I just took the words ‘A312 around Heathrow’ at face value.In which case the M4 to Cranford/Feltham/Hanworth/Hampton just about covers all that at least.I’ve now found the sign at the A40 junction.In typical fashion they’ve put it well past the roundabout exit :open_mouth: :confused: probably in the hope of catching people out as another one of Kahn’s fines extortion scams.

Edit to add according to their map it also looks like the A 312 is subject to a ban between the A 315 at Minimax Corner to the A 308 at Hampton but ironically doesn’t seem to be any signs at Minimax Corner.But looks like no problem between the M4 and the A 315 so ok to use anywhere between the M4 and North Feltham trading estate at least.But no way off it to Hayes etc and no point in using it between the M4 and the A40 anyway using the M4 and M25.Although like Minimax Corner can’t seem to find any truck ban signs northbound on the A 312 between the M4 and A 40. :confused:

Although have to say I didn’t know anything about it until I started looking for it on the topic and TFL seem to be avin a larf there. :open_mouth: