Truck nav on my tomtom? help plz

Hi all, i have the tomtom start and was just wondering is there anyway of getting hgv maps on my sat nav? If not think im goin to have to purchase a new sat nav theres nothin worse than were they send you sometimes lol

Always wondered myself what the best sat nav was for hgvs

watty1987:
Hi all, i have the tomtom start and was just wondering is there anyway of getting hgv maps on my sat nav? If not think im goin to have to purchase a new sat nav theres nothin worse than were they send you sometimes lol

i have one of those and as far as i am aware they cant be converted for HGV’s,they dont even have an SD card slot,i am in the process of buying a new one as my start thinks im a car so wants to send me where a car can go and not an 18 tonner… :laughing:

same as wot it does to me thats why im in need of either an update for hgv,s or a new sat nav in general

How about a Map if you know what one is :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There is a good Map for truckers with bridge hight on

lol i got maps mate, which one is a good one for truckers with bridge heights etc in it? im a new young trucker sat nav is my generation lol

euroffice.co.uk/i/9m62/AA-Tr … ge-Heights

Found in all good book shops if you know what they are :laughing: :laughing:

sorry but in a bitchy mood

44t pmt please dont mess :sunglasses:

thanks

Look on eBay you can get tt720 with truck maps already installed for less than £150.
Ps. I’ve got a underground map does that count?

watty1987:
thanks

NP dont get me wrong but sat nave do have there uses but have a good map + truckers map ( if you go into London a good A-Z of that )

watty take it you bout 23/24

BTW my son younger than you & know how & can read a map & he is a tech geek

Just saw advert in truckfest program for a download for tom tom sat nav to upgrade for hgv routes u can buy a copy at. hgvsolutions.com don’t know how much but might be worth a look says if u put voucher code TRUCKFEST can get 5 pound discount must be others out there too if u do a search ?

Jenx

Mind u animal is right I’ve learned u better to rely on jmaps !!

I downloaded the stuff from hgvsolutions and got height-width-length restrictions on me car sat nav which was alright but not 100% accurate. I decided to buy garmin 465T truck nav and its great! Its also a bit cheaper now as garmin have a new truck sat nav out. It also has bluetooth for hands free fone calls and I dont carry around 80 maps of towns and cities anymore!!!

If you have an SD slot on your Tomtom you can download the truck maps and navcore from certain places. Install, activate and put SD card in and away you go.

Took me some time to get it working the first time. I’ve got a tt 530. Still not tested it in a truck as waiting for my first break. seems to do ok on demo runs.

Edit: I’ve just re read some of the above posts and notice one saying it doesn’t have SD slot. The above will work if you buy a Tomtom with SD slot and get maps from the net. I too have a truckers map so have the best of both worlds.

animal:
http://www.euroffice.co.uk/i/9m62/AA-Truckers-Atlas-Britain-with-Bridge-Heights

I also think the Phillips is pretty good and it’s what i have. Cheaper if you buy it online from amazon too.

amazon.co.uk/Philips-Navigat … 150&sr=8-1

brawngp:

animal:
http://www.euroffice.co.uk/i/9m62/AA-Truckers-Atlas-Britain-with-Bridge-Heights

I also think the Phillips is pretty good and it’s what i have. Cheaper if you buy it online from amazon too.

amazon.co.uk/Philips-Navigat … 150&sr=8-1

Yep that is true but google is my friend :laughing: :laughing:

Please remember that a sat-nav is only an electronic map they do have there advantages but would still like n old paper map as well wouldnt just rely on sat-nav due to the fact if you do have a paper version you can see a lot more :bulb: