Truck n driver 100% for drivers?

noticed the above advertisement…have they ever driven a merc axor■■?(as shown in advert)
if so they would realise the only thing that cab is 100% for is the companys accountants!never have i driven such a shabby,cheapn nasty,uncomfortable piece of crap!a poor mans van on big wheels to be polite! :imp:

whooshwhoosh:
never have i driven such a shabby,cheapn nasty,uncomfortable piece of crap!

Take it you’ve never driven a Stralis then! :laughing:

oh yeah,n id happily get back in one again,compared to the abomination of a wagon that merc are currently trottin out to the uk fleet market! big claims will be goin in ,ive never experienced back/leg pain til i drove these things,most of our drivers suffering,some refuse to get in em,only drive old actros.serious faults in driving position,whether theyve been designed as left hookers?but passenger side seems far roomier?

Couldn’t agree more. How a company that made the Actros got it so wrong with the Axor beats me.

It would be hard choice for which was worse out of a Kaxor and any Iveco.

id happily take back the old rustin p reg ivecos we had,in place o the bachsore axor…van on big wheels!

the axor needs an hacksaw taking to it.theyre rubbish i had the misfortune of driving one for a day :open_mouth: but everyone on the fleet that had one hated the things but they aint really a gaffers motor cuz mercs aint cheap

whooshwhoosh:
id happily take back the old rustin p reg ivecos we had,in place o the bachsore axor…van on big wheels!

And just think its only going to get worse as when you leave the darkside for daylight shifts
you`re now going to be sat in all that traffic in your beloved bachsore with no aircon and the sun beating down on you.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:blush: 2 days in and youre sooooooo right! had the misfortune of a diddy urban trailer wi rear steer…looks like billy smarts circus,looked a clown backin the pesky twitchy thing into cash n carry pallet maze too!

Personally, I like the Stralis !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and Iam more than likley in the minority !!!

I drive an axor sometimes, find it quite nice, its luxury to us… apart from the poor left leg/foot room. but as its our only 57 plate, and all our other ategos are getting old and rattly, it makes for a nicer driving experience when im in the axor! I havent driven anything else in the past apart from old dennis dustcarts though, so havent experienced any luxury hgvs!

The old hacksaws are horrible. No room for your left foot, badly laid out dash, and huge engine hump despite 4 steps up! They must be cheaper, and lighter than a hacked-off tho… or people wouldn’t touch them.

IMO Stralis is a good well laid out cab, bit plasticky but a good place to work.

The Axor certainly ain’t cheap, it’s dearer than an Actros in some instances, it is lighter though & it is supposedly no frills, which I suppose it is if you’ve only been driving 5 mins, not slagging anybody off with that statement, just goes to show how far things have come from the old ■■■■■ we used to have to put up with.

About the backache thing, sorry don’t understand that one, it’s got the same seat as the Actros, a fully suspended hi back jobby, it has lumbar support too so if it’s correctly adjusted then it shouldn’t be a problem, it’s more likely bad posture or you’ve had a few too many pies that’s causing the backache :laughing:

newmercman:
IMO Stralis is a good well laid out cab, bit plasticky but a good place to work.

The Axor certainly ain’t cheap, it’s dearer than an Actros in some instances, it is lighter though & it is supposedly no frills, which I suppose it is if you’ve only been driving 5 mins, not slagging anybody off with that statement, just goes to show how far things have come from the old [zb] we used to have to put up with.

About the backache thing, sorry don’t understand that one, it’s got the same seat as the Actros, a fully suspended hi back jobby, it has lumbar support too so if it’s correctly adjusted then it shouldn’t be a problem, it’s more likely bad posture or you’ve had a few too many pies that’s causing the backache :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:
no matter about the comfort, they’re a great workhorse,fit for dogs abuse and a great puller.

I certainly aint no Mercedes Benz lover but I cannot imagine that the Axor can be that uncomfortable or cheap.

I had a spell driving an Atego and they were pretty good, quiet, comfy and easy to drive.

If you had said they couldnt pull your Granny off the fire then I would agree especially when windy.

I dont like Actros either but that aint cos they are crap and nasty