Truck Mechanic Aberdeen

Gents

does anyone know of any decent truck mechanics in aberdeen ■■ Got a problem with a iveco 18 tonner up there and dont really want to go down main dealer route

Thanks in anticipation of any recommendations

contact william nichols (tankers) workshop they are spot on & no there stuff.

cheers truckers boy

By your username I’m guessing it’s an older 180e23 type 18ton favoured by scaffolders.

Funny how scaffolders seem to keep these very old trucks going when if you believe what you hear Iveco are officially piles of junk.

I used to work on those vehicles quite a lot if you want to post the problem, can’t promise anything though.

ha ha i have had more then my fair share of 180E23 cargos , this one is a 2005 180E24 !!!

Its an electrical problem , wont start and keeps stalling at low revs , think is a toss up between a starter or alternator , im going with the alternator as there seems to be no electric at all

I had a T Cab scania a few years ago that ended up in aberdeen X80 XBO , to good for my blokes , i just stick with ivecos or ategos now

Own Account Driver:
Funny how scaffolders seem to keep these very old trucks going when if you believe what you hear Iveco are officially piles of junk.

If you “used to work on them” you’d know that the pre-Tector models were very reliable, the later ones (we’ve got a 55 4 wheeler) are rubbish, ours is a high roof sleeper and the cab is more than good enough but the rest of it is awfull, not a patch on the old M & N reg ones.

Ross.

This is a high cab to , clutch actuator fell off the other week

As you say the olduns were more bulett proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.euro-scaff.co.uk

scaffy2012:
ha ha i have had more then my fair share of 180E23 cargos , this one is a 2005 180E24 !!!

Its an electrical problem , wont start and keeps stalling at low revs , think is a toss up between a starter or alternator , im going with the alternator as there seems to be no electric at all

I had a T Cab scania a few years ago that ended up in aberdeen X80 XBO , to good for my blokes , i just stick with ivecos or ategos now

Newer than I thought for scaffolding was thinking pre 2000 no experience on any new shape cab 18 tonners only 7.5t.

Did used to get problems with wires on starters. Probably rule out alternator if you can jump it and it still runs a bit after jump leads removed immediately. The stralis definitely has battery volts on dash display which will give an indication if it’s charging don’t know if 18t does also check battery terminals clean and tight and test batteries aren’t knackered.

Also try a different key as if immobiliser key could be faulty but that normally won’t make electrics dead. Ignition switches are weak and had quite a few of those go on 7.5t avoid having ignition key on big heavy ring of lots of keys.

bigr250:

Own Account Driver:

If you “used to work on them” you’d know that the pre-Tector models were very reliable, the later ones (we’ve got a 55 4 wheeler) are rubbish, ours is a high roof sleeper and the cab is more than good enough but the rest of it is awfull, not a patch on the old M & N reg ones.

Ross.

Not got any experience new shaped cab 18t was assuming it was going to be pre 2000 only a while with 7.5t and Stralis. 7.5t were ok apart from I would say the interior plastics although prettier were nowhere near as durable for a vehicle that’ll see a lot of drivers and there was some soundproofing cover thing underneath the engine that would immediately fall off.

Only got rid of the last 2001 180e23 last year with 1.5m kms and still healthy. Front cab mount had gone on one side and was listing a bit which was quite common.

The late '02 ■■■■■■■ engined 18t were a very nice drive.

is there power there at all? if it turns over but doesnt start & cuts out at low revs when it does start id look at cam or crankshaft sensor. if thers no power at all then look at altinator & most probly us batteries. if thers abit of life then maybe earth lead on starter u/s, it wont be + side of starter but it could be the thin wire which controls the anciliaries.

Norscot have looked and reckon starter and alternator both u/s

www.euro-scaff.co.uk

Bit late, but for future ref: Bill Rattray @ kintore (Craigearn Business Park)

http://www.craigearngaragekintore.co.uk

Cheers

www.euro-scaff.co.uk