Truck mags

So who reads them?

If you read them, then why do you read them??

I get Truckstar ( Dutch truck mag.) every month as I find it informative about what’s going on in our industry. Ok, so it also has articles about fancy trucks with loads of spotlights (which I don’t care too much about).

I pick up copies of T&D & Trucking when I’m in the UK.

I read trucking news get it free from truckstops.
Have nothing against people who want read them n go watch truck shows etc on.there time off.
Me personally I drive a truck . Doesn’t bother me make or model etc…its a job. Once at home I want to forget about trucks etc on my days off.

Used to buy cm weekly and t&d and trucking every month.
Not bought any in a few years. Between loosing interest in the job and this site and a few Facebook truck groups no need to buy them.
Also the content changed I liked long distance diary and following drivers on different jobs. Reading about airbrushed Scanias and drivers with no life outside trucks isn’t my thing.

I read/flick through them in WHSmith and put them back. Even the classic ones are stale; Endless war stories and road run reports that appear to be cut and pasted from a previous issue.

I don’t read the bull zb ones anymore ,who wants to read about some crank with a blinged up pile of zb on lease that subs to another with fake blonde Mrs that opens the post for him and spends weekends tyre wall blacking with some dj drugy music blairing out :laughing:

used to be an avid reader of every mad they published regarding trucks.
nowadays its just old tat and no interest whatsoever.
tinterweb and such gives a much better option. and why buy it when you can feast on al the truck related pish in here for free? :smiley:

I read Classic Truck, Classic & Vintage Commercials, and Heritage Commercials. I read them because I’m passionate about older lorries. I wrote a couple of feature articles for Classic Truck too.

I sometimes pick up a copy of the usual ones like Trucking or Commercial Motor, and I always pick up a copy of Truckstop news because we get a load every week at work.

I like Classic truck and Classic and vintage commercial, I’ve no interest in T&D at all.

To be fair I’ve recently even become fed up of Commercial Motor, after watching their clips on YouTube of tip ex at Harrogate and a comparison between the latest DAF and a late 1980’s model, I can’t help but think is this the best person for the job!

Someone is bound to be along in a minute to point out how sales of certain mags is through the roof! Lol

Punchy Dan:
I don’t read the bull zb ones anymore ,who wants to read about some crank with a blinged up pile of zb on lease that subs to another with fake blonde Mrs that opens the post for him and spends weekends tyre wall blacking with some dj drugy music blairing out :laughing:

Wish I could get my missus to do some tyre blacking of a weekend.

Muckaway:
I read/flick through them in WHSmith and put them back.

Shhhhhhhh don’t tell em Pike, they’ll start putting them in plastic bags to stop everyone doing that :wink:

dieseldog999:
used to be an avid reader of every mad they published regarding trucks.
nowadays its just old tat and no interest whatsoever.
tinterweb and such gives a much better option. and why buy it when you can feast on al the truck related pish in here for free? :smiley:

Especially Dozys Episodes on here.

I don’t know but maybe these mags would sell with a “weekly Dozy editioral” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

peirre:

Muckaway:
I read/flick through them in WHSmith and put them back.

Shhhhhhhh don’t tell em Pike, they’ll start putting them in plastic bags to stop everyone doing that :wink:

The ones in plastic wrap scream out “tat alert” anyway.

Muckaway:
The ones in plastic wrap scream out “tat alert” anyway.

Magazines and women alike.

bring back headlight I say, or the organised trips overseas, when they did them I could not afford to go now I may be able to there are none,