Truck Leasing Costs

Been a year or two since I leased a truck having run s/h purchased units mostly. Thinking I need to replace but doing some sums, so whats the going rate for contract hire with r&m big cabbed 500hp ish DAF’s, Volvo’s and Merc’s?

About £385 per week for a new man 480 xlx, can’t think of the mileage but it was there or there about’s for tramping.
Bit more I suppose for Xxl, 3 years I think. Ryder will so you the same deal or spot hire you one at £410 per week if its ongoing, might be a year or two old & Fleet ish.

Collease will do you a 44t tractor for £350 a week with 170km a year, forget the bling and think with your business head, I couldn’t put a lorry on the road for that money fully maintained…

Lrm

Surely its a non starter Joe, at £350 a week is over 18k a year, youd get a nice truck for 35k with 400k on it.

Merc and man are doing contract hire, 24 months £300 per week

Yep those lease prices are pushing on a bit, trouble is trying to find a second hand truck to the spec I want in the right colour, anything half decent is soon winging its way to warmer climates because of the exchange rates, and that’s probably why new trucks are not exactly cheap either.
Oh well, best keep looking…

Is that for new though cold up north?

And LRM?

Silver_Surfer:
Is that for new though cold up north?

58 plate I think.

2nd hand does seem toppy price-wise at the moment. I’ve been having a bit of a look around with a view to replacing my Premium, ideally looking for a younger Stralis than I’ve got but prices seem ambitious really. Premiums seem better priced and more around but don’t really want the dxi. I wouldn’t ever want the commitment of coughing up lease money.

Hi own account driver, I maybe be able to help with a secondhand Stralis , Where are you based are you looking for a tractor unit and ideally what age/ price bracket ? If you let me know I’ll put my thinking cap on .

Have a look at dollar in stoke allways lots of ivecos for sale

I know Dollar Industries but previously I had a joblot straight off Contracts and kept one myself. I wouldn’t really go to a dealer unless it was a trade sale. I’m not really in any rush but I would really be after a euro 5 with under 350kms for less than £15k, it’s probably me being ambitious really. :laughing: I’m being skewed a bit by how little I paid for what I’ve got as I last bought right when the recession hit.

Iveco have quite a few unreg’ed stralis’s around now they have been up graded to the hi-way so they are doing some good deals to get those older style units on the road, I have one sprayed in our colours with full R&M and road tax, tyres covered as well for under £2000/ month on a 5 yr deal, can walk away after 2 yrs with no penalty if we don’t like what its performing like :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

That isn’t that cheap really.

Silver_Surfer:
That isn’t that cheap really.

it is cheap as the unit is not bulk standard, its had hydraulics fitted to operate the trailers we pull that’s all covered repair wise as well, it was sprayed in our colours had alloys fitted ect now you could have it even cheaper for a bulk standard unit with no paint ect, but when I sat down and crunched the numbers, we were saving over £30,000 on buying a scania over the same period with a R&M package, the time you add in a set of tyres per year and tax and interest on the money you borrowed to buy it, it soon adds up to a lot of money, also when you buy you have to pay the total vat up front, with a lease its only 2 months payments and you have a brand new truck, it ain’t rocket science when expenditure has to be kept to a minimum in the current climate :confused: :confused:

puntabrava:
Surely its a non starter Joe, at £350 a week is over 18k a year, youd get a nice truck for 35k with 400k on it.

Seems like a good deal, Fully maintained…And think of the tax implications , far better than buying a 2nd hand one on that front.
And you know your outgoings are fixed …Breakdowns hurt when its your pocket !

3 wheeler:

puntabrava:

Seems like a good deal, Fully maintained…And think of the tax implications , far better than buying a 2nd hand one on that front.
And you know your outgoings are fixed …Breakdowns hurt when its your pocket !

Tax job would probably lean towards purchase for an established business unless its earning no money, I suppose the deal comes down to whether you are going to grind the arse out of the truck doing 120k kms a year or need a truck to do half that, I made the post having met Joe a few times and maybe wrongly thought he wasn’t out tramping day in and out.

The last truck I leased was £235 per week for a three year contract all in inc R&M, ok it was over ten years ago but it was a bloody good deal back then (last of the unsold euro2’s that had to be registered ASAP).
I probably do 80-100k per year and do all maintenence myself, so will probably stick with buying another second hand
Also going through a quiet spell with an owned truck doesn’t hurt quite the same as standing a truck you don’t own but still needs its lease paying :slight_smile:

I know Merc at Avonmouth had some good deals going a while ago Joe. A couple of people I know went there after a new unit but ended up with near new Scanias instead. I’m not up to speed with the figures involved but it could be worth a call to see if they’re still available.
Hope you’re keeping well mate.

BB