truck hire

hi to all,does anyone know please what the cost for a long term rental of 6x2 tractor for european work might be and which are best companies to try?many thanks :smiley:

Long term can be anywhere from £340 to £450 per week depending on mileages. Most of the bigger companies are roughly the same, Ryder, Hill Hire etc. Be careful though, as they can charge for excess mileage, something in the region of £0.08 per mile.

Terms are normally for a minimum of twelve months, and depending on status, they may ask for a deposit equivalent to one months payment.

Good luck!!

:slight_smile:

hill hire etc will let you take outside the uk but
its down to you to get truck back to uk if breaksdown and pay the cost

scania truck rental will cover you in europe and give you all the proper pwork

they are more expensive but for euro cover only £3 a day more

quoted last week off them £525 a week for 560 v8 6x2 60 plate

can get older 55/06 plates off them for around =400 to 440 a week tho

you must be mad you can buy one for that money !

Moose:
you must be mad you can buy one for that money !

very true !! I know this was 2 years ago but I was quoted between £1250 and £1800 a month for a 26t rigid with a flatbed from the various manufacturers

i wouldnt get a long term rent at that money wouold rather buy

did however have one of there 06 plates for 400 a week for december to earn a bit more for the busy period

i laughed when they offered me that v8 in january
no wonder it was sat in their yard

But last year priced up
a new 480 was 35k dearer than volvo/daf/man /renault
thinik scania have outpricved themselves from general market alot of old all scania fleets have mux now

in the end i bought a year old daf 510 for 50k alot cheaper

the scania came in at 104950 gbp

i wouldnt get a long term rent at that money wouold rather buy

did however have one of there 06 plates for 400 a week for december to earn a bit more for the busy period

i laughed when they offered me that v8 in january
no wonder it was sat in their yard

But last year priced up
a new 480 was 35k dearer than volvo/daf/man /renault
thinik scania have outpricved themselves from general market alot of old all scania fleets have mux now

in the end i bought a year old daf 510 for 50k alot cheaper

the scania came in at 104950 gbp

Try TRC Truck Rental Sheffield, don’t know if they let you go into Europe but it’s worth a phone call

Much as I hate to say it, I think Scania are having a laugh with the new prices, on the other hand residuals would also be equivalently higher so just depends if you want more of an asset at the end of your payments.

I do like them but I wouldn’t say Scania’s deserve to be 50% more than DAF/MAN/MERC though.

Swedish Skodas are overated anyhow.

Ken.

Rented a Scania from Scania rentals a few years ago, it was great as it came with no mileage limit and we double shifted it.
Had a V8 topline new in 2004 on an 04 had it over 12 months and it went back with 280k km,s on it. People say it’s a lot of money to rent but how much would it have been if I had bought it ?