Truck Hire

How much is it to hire a 44 ton tractor unit for a Day/Week?
I’ve tried googling it but every firm wants me to Email for a quote. I really could do with knowing tonight. Any ideas?

I know they’re in completely the wrong place for you Tramper, but as a ball park figure Salford Van Hire charge 135/day or 675/week for 6 legger units according to their website (both prices plus VAT but of course you’ll get that back).

Paul

:smiley: Thats great! Thanks for that.

My boss paid £77 a day for a 480 Topline 6x2/4 when we were waiting for our new scania to be delivered, that was for a 2 week hire, and I guess by the looks of it discounted. That was from Scania Hire in Peterborough.

Gulliver’s down your way £375 per week 6x2 44t. £345 for 5 years. Salford’s must be creaming it £600 odd quid■■?

Silver_Surfer:
Gulliver’s down your way £375 per week 6x2 44t. £345 for 5 years. Salford’s must be creaming it £600 odd quid■■?

That’s perhaps just a “standard” rate on the website which you can negotiate down. The two things to bear in mind with Salfords which may or may not apply with others is that firstly the hire periods are by the calendar - i.e. if you hire a unit for “a day” and you pick it up at 08h00 one day you have it until 08h00 the next day (and the same if you have it for a “week”, it isn’t just mon-fri, you can have it from 08h00 monday to 08h00 the following monday). Also there are zero mileage charges which might be relevant depending on your intended use.

Paul
(nothing to do with Salfords, although I have hired a few transit vans from them)

Silver_Surfer:
£345 for 5 years.

:open_mouth: I’m off to Gulivers then! :laughing:

hill hire quoting £320 5 years, that was for 3 though, probly more for 1.

Tramper:

Silver_Surfer:
£345 for 5 years.

:open_mouth: I’m off to Gulivers then! :laughing:

It wasn’t wasted - I got it!! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: