Truck hire

Was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere in north east England where I could hire a truck from for two to three days. I am doing some casual driving for a small local company and have been using one of their artics on a weekend to move some farm produce from my family’s farm on Teesside to an old college friends place on the Scottish border. At the moment the company I drive for is running seven days to keep up with work hence me needing another solution as I can’t use one of there machines at the moment. They have a space left on there operators licence and I have been told as long as I sort it out I can do use that if truck needs to go on in. They have a spare flat trailer that I can use if need be or a rigid flat would do the job if need be as there isn’t that much to go, just more than will fit on one load.

Before anyone asks why I don’t just get someone else to move it for me, simple, I won’t get paid to drive it if I do that!

They would need to hire the vehicle. Without your own operators license nobody will hire you one. The usual suspects like Ryder will do a few days spot hire.

One thing you’ve not thought about is insurance. They’re not like van hire places, you’ll most likely need your own insurance cover. Somehow I doubt this company who is going to let you abuse their O license is going to be happy to be insuring it.