Truck hire help (norfolk/suffolk)

Next friday (13-7-12) is my lads school prom so im looking to hire a tractor unit for the night rather than the usual limos and sportscars to take him in. I know theres roy humprheys and mrct but i would prefer if i can get it something with a bit of bling if you know what i mean .any ideas ■■? cheers

Think you’d be lucky, maybe one of the O/D’s can help you, but rental companies are all fleet and even then I don’t know if they’d hire a tractor to you.

Also, the legalities of multiple (assume you’re planning on taking more than 1) children in a truck which only has 2 seats with belts must be considered - although for the speed and distance you’d most likely be travelling, can’t see what harm it would be, but the law is always worst case scenario :unamused:

Good luck, I think it’s a top idea :grimacing:

Where abouts is the event?

my mate Jamie may be able to help, just outside Attleboro’.
rjmcommercials.co.uk/

Rusty Nail:
Where abouts is the event?

it will be in lowestoft friday night .

kindle530:
my mate Jamie may be able to help, just outside Attleboro’.
rjmcommercials.co.uk/

Nice one cheers matey will give them a bell monday .

i’d guess a o/d would be your best bet.
maybe offer to drop a few quid to a charity of their choice.

Goaty’s got a real nice rig, black and very sleek.
Rob Pitman (? think), seen his red unit parked on the Whitehouse ind est a few times, red and very nice looking.
East Coast Truckers do loads for Charity, try them, they may help in some way.

thanks for the ideas , i suspect the only trouble with using an o/d motor is if they were to let me drive it which is unlikley i would need to get my own insurance .

Lowestoft is a bit too far for us to come tbh otherwise i’d have asked the boss but it’s nearly a 2 hour run each way.

I agree with an Owner Driver being your best bet. Hire companies won’t even entertain you unless you have your own insurance and a valid operators licence.

Earsham Gravels has got a freightliner that wold make a big impression on a prom night, may be worth giving him a bell.

Regards
Daz

What about contacting the East Coast Truckers club, PM Mr Vain he might know of somebody who can help.

Should have read the whole thread, the East Coast Truckers have been mentioned already. :blush:

If you can’t find an O/D to do it for you & have to hire one, most of the Scania dealerships have hire fleets.

BB

I thought about the same thing for my daughters prom which is this Wednesday.

The initial idea was a London Routemaster/vintage rear door bus, which she was all up for. It would have worked out at £360, which if she got enough people, would have been a great idea. Then her friends went cold on the idea, so I though about a classic truck, which she wasn’t so keen on, so in the end another friends Mother has hired a, yes you’ve guessed it, limo.

How so boring.

Ken.

Evening Mick-b

I’m clutching at straws here, but I’m happy to do the driving for your prom to help you out.

If your looking for proper blinged up show motors, then one of the best fleet in Norfolk is probably Jobe Transport.

Give Brian a ring, put your offer in as derv replaced plus a drink, same as the others I list ect. I have worked for him both PAYE and also S/E so insurance should not be a problem. He is also a member of this site.

Another of my customers which may help is John Englestone, he owns “Saxon Motors” in North Walsham. He was happy to let me use his motor for my step daughters prom, as things panned out she and a few friends chose a stretched Hummer.

Another possibility is Richard Powley, he is based in Stalham, one of his wagons was involved in the lord mayor’s show today.

But failing them 3, I could possibly pick up a unit, pretty new but no bling from other customers.

When you phone them, just mention that “Phil Avard” said you might be able to help you out, and he would be jockey for free. If you need more help, phone me on 07814683878.

Dont bother PM’ing me, as I dont log in very often.

good luck

ironstipper:
Evening Mick-b

I’m clutching at straws here, but I’m happy to do the driving for your prom to help you out.

If your looking for proper blinged up show motors, then one of the best fleet in Norfolk is probably Jobe Transport.

Give Brian a ring, put your offer in as derv replaced plus a drink, same as the others I list ect. I have worked for him both PAYE and also S/E so insurance should not be a problem. He is also a member of this site.

Another of my customers which may help is John Englestone, he owns “Saxon Motors” in North Walsham. He was happy to let me use his motor for my step daughters prom, as things panned out she and a few friends chose a stretched Hummer.

Another possibility is Richard Powley, he is based in Stalham, one of his wagons was involved in the lord mayor’s show today.

But failing them 3, I could possibly pick up a unit, pretty new but no bling from other customers.

When you phone them, just mention that “Phil Avard” said you might be able to help you out, and he would be jockey for free. If you need more help, phone me on 07814683878.

good luck

Very generous and so helpful.
This site needs more members like you.

ironstipper:
Evening Mick-b

good luck

Ok bud your a star cheers. yes jobe has got some pukka motors and saxon has got a nice red v8 scania which used to belong to one of the ryder brothers . If no one will let me drive it i shall give you bell and sort some thing out :smiley:

dinosteveus1:

ironstipper:
Evening Mick-b

good luck

Very generous and so helpful.
This site needs more members like you.

the haulage industry as whole could do with more people like that "!