Truck fridges

Will be doing some nights out (not a whole week) and I am thinking of getting a truck fridge. (Cool box type)

Any recommendations?

And what size do people recommend?

Horses for courses mate. You can spend literally hundreds on truck fridges and as a rule you tend to get what you pay for, but I’d recommend what I use; £39 from Aldi 12v and takes stuff down to 18 degrees below ambient temp. It’s adequate for what I need it for; a couple of bottles of water, some salad bowls, and shed loads of Budweiser! :smiley:

Carrier or Thermoking both work well.

Ive had 4 or 5 of the aldi/halford coolboxes in the past but i shelled out 145quid last month on a weaco tropicool fridge, best thing ever, silent motor/fan thats not on all the time, its proper thermostaticaly controlled and cools down to -30 below cab temprature, it stays on mon -fri 24/7 no bother at all, well worth the extra over a coolbox and runs on 12/24/240 volts with all plugs and leads included

chaversdad:
Ive had 4 or 5 of the aldi/halford coolboxes in the past but i shelled out 145quid last month on a weaco tropicool fridge, best thing ever, silent motor/fan thats not on all the time, its proper thermostaticaly controlled and cools down to -30 below cab temprature, it stays on mon -fri 24/7 no bother at all, well worth the extra over a coolbox and runs on 12/24/240 volts with all plugs and leads included

Monday to Friday 24/7 :question: :question: :blush:

Uncleskid:

chaversdad:

Leave mine on all week and weekend no bother. Same coolbox as above.good bit of kit.

the maoster:
Horses for courses mate. You can spend literally hundreds on truck fridges and as a rule you tend to get what you pay for, but I’d recommend what I use; £39 from Aldi 12v and takes stuff down to 18 degrees below ambient temp. It’s adequate for what I need it for; a couple of bottles of water, some salad bowls, and shed loads of Budweiser! :smiley:

+1
I had mine from aldi , & it does the job fine, & it doesn’t take up a lot of room either. Drop some ice blocks in it a few hours or the night before to to get it cold faster in the first instance, & get your stuff in it straight away. tip for you… If you take something like a couple of frozen chops , it will help keep the temperature lower longer :smiley:
It has a plug in power cable for cigarette lighter plug and it also has a converter switch & a house plug on it as well :smiley:

if your near Nottingham I have one you can have its pretty big and been in the shed a few years so don’t know if its fully working but it was when it went into the shed.

Uncleskid:

chaversdad:

Okay 24/5

Is that better? :wink: