Truck for sale on eBay, surely a bit too cheap?!

purchased some stuff through walkers before and found there service pretty good to be honest , plus they give you a good description and selection of pictures on there webiste .

also i like the fact they advertise the price because POA i dont even bother looking at to be fair .

That gold 02 plate DAF that I was on about at the start of this thread was in today’s protruck auction at Belton (near Doncaster). It went for £4400 (plus 100quid buyers premium plus VAT).

So it seems even at 5750+VAT it was overpriced!

Paul

Wheel Nut:

repton:

Wheel Nut:
at least you don’t have to buy a pto if you want to pull a tipper.

I was wondering that, is the PTO pump going to be the same as you would use for single line tipping gear? If so, then that’ll surely save a fair few quid of the about 2k it costs to fit tipping gear as it’s a major component that you won’t need. That said I will want an (ideally alloy) side mounted oil tank (so I can still pull curtainsiders) which will bump the price up a bit and also given a lot of my work would be out in the sticks and I’ve nowhere to put a bulk tank of my own I’ll want to combine the oil tank with a fairly sizeable derv tank (could do with at least 500 litres) which will again cost more…

Wheel Nut:
You should also look at the fact that it will have done 50% of its kilometres empty

Hadn’t thought of that, it’s a very good point. Of course the other 50% will have been maxed out though which balances it out a bit.

dieseldave:
the colour wouldn’t bother me one little bit, but it might depend on who you put it to work for if they have a company policy on colour.

Doesn’t really bother me either I suppose, certainly not enough to make a difference to what truck I buy.

Paul

A tanker setup would normally have a PTO driven motor to drive the cargo pump & compressor, this unit will probably still have the hydrapak fitted. I think you will need to exchange the hydraulic motor for a hydraulic pump but the PTO should still be of use to you if you also fit an oil tank. Normally the tanker setup that I am familiar with uses an inlet and return 2 line system.

Give David Taylor a call, the lad in his workshop has wet dreams about tipping and tanker hydraulics :stuck_out_tongue:

Usualy standard hydraulic kit for a tanker is 65 litres per min. For average tipper you need around 80 litres a min. Your tipper will be a bit slow unless you run at 1500 rmp when tipping. You will also need hydraulic tank with enough oil to fill tipper ram when up