Truck fire today

109LWB:
We were told by our ADR bloke in that scenario to run like hell…

Of course only after phoning the fire brigade, laying out drain covers, getting the trem cards from the cab for the fire brigade to look at, setting up a cordon, directing the traffic and inserting the wheel chocks… :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

driver at our place ,his truck caught fire on m11 he ran he got sacked the trailer which also caught alight after a while was a 2million MRI SCANNER

topmixer11:
driver at our place ,his truck caught fire on m11 he ran he got sacked the trailer which also caught alight after a while was a 2million MRI SCANNER

How much did he get in his unfair dismissal case? Laughing all the way to the bank I bet :laughing:

merc0447:

topmixer11:

How much did he get in his unfair dismissal case? Laughing all the way to the bank I bet :laughing:

nope never challenged they say he had time to drop trailer and move truck ■■■■ that

topmixer11:

merc0447:

topmixer11:

nope never challenged they say he had time to drop trailer and move truck [zb] that

I’m not one for jumping for compensation but, the company has a duty of care and can’t expect a driver to get back into a burning truck, regardless of how much the load is worth, that why you have GIT insurance.

Muckaway:

rocketsquadron:
A ken a few tanker boys doon the Grangemooth 20. Will have too find oot aboot this truck drivers nightmare. Hope he/she is ok.
Looks very close.

Why am I getting the image of Russ Abbot with a ginger wig in my mind after reading this?

forgot about russ doing that part until you mentioned it,made me laugh

Pimpdaddy:

alder:
I bet it was an agency driver :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Probably was, very few drivers are employed by BP directly I think. Apparently it’s company policy (BP/Monarch) not to carry personal mobiles on your person during your shift so if the cab phone was inop or didn’t have time in an emergency how would you get in touch with the emergency services…?

Typical pimpdaddy bumpin his gums about things he knows ■■■■ all about ! The majority of bp drivers are employed in house !

Spiritwalker:
Typical pimpdaddy bumpin his gums about things he knows [zb] all about ! The majority of bp drivers are employed in house !

Hence me saying I THINK, dip zb…!!!:evil::evil:

Not a good idea to drop this trailer - it almost certainly doesn’t have landing legs.

All BP trailers have legs , have done for years now. Approximate 300 in house BP employed and Monarch make up for seasonal cover .

Correct me if I’m wrong but you don’t see many petrol/fuel tankers dropped. I was always told that the tanks were so lightly made that the landing legs wouldn’t hold a loaded tank and that the only time you would ever see one dropped was if it was empty. If i’m right pulling the pin would have resulted in two lovely holes in compartment 2 or 3 and 6500 - 7000 lof fuel on the road .

you have to be very careful when dropping a loaded trailer but it can be done, they don’t encourage it , and in the case of the fire apart from the obvious risk, the driver would not have dropped it due to the risk of fracturing the belly.

jenka:
you have to be very careful when dropping a loaded trailer but it can be done, they don’t encourage it , and in the case of the fire apart from the obvious risk, the driver would not have dropped it due to the risk of fracturing the belly.

I’ve pulled and dropped plenty of milk ( non ADR) tanks empty and loaded but no experience of fuel tankers . I’d imagine that dropping a loaded fuel tank when your cabs on fire isn’t going to be an option .Stopping and getting as far away as possible seems like the sensible option every time .