Truck earnings

Back in about 1990 our average artics used to earn between 2000-3000 per week, mind you we were hitting it hard back then averaging about 700-800 kms a day, we were all tramping, so 1 driver for 1 truck, general haulage and a lot of Ford, Rover, Nissan contract work.

Seen as I have been away a long time and out of the game, just wondered what kind of rates trucks earn nowadays on General, I remember we would generally be paid Essex to Hamilton in Scotland 500 quid one way and we would normally back load out of Dalry (Bricks) or similar to London and be paid R280-300 quid. So roundtrip 800± and be empty by Tuesday morning early, Left for Scotland Sunday afternoon.

Anyone know what their rig turns over weekly ±

Not much difference, still roughly £2500 per week on average for a 5 day week.

Don’t know about general but on boxes going back about 4 years my truck would be hard pushed to earn 2 grand, and half of that went on fuel

More recently £1500-£1700 was the norm :blush:

Not much Production industry left

Lovlyperson:
Not much Production industry left

RTFQ or don’t bother posting.

I know your first language is not English.

If I was posting on a non English site I would make sure I understood the post fully before replying.

Not a racist post, before the Mods jump on my post. Just pointing out that it has very little to do with the OP.

my lorry earns about, £5000-£7000 per week. so does my mates.
but some of our lorries only earn around £4000. this is because the drivers only go home once or twice per year, so they don’t ruch to get home.
but when we get our work, we give them a price, not the other way round. :laughing:

There are a lot who earn plenty of mars bars (so I’ve read somewhere)

skids:

what’s that about? have i missed somthing?

skids:

Yeah and peanuts!