Truck drivers getting bigger?

Just had a job advert come into my email. At the bottom of the list of requirements was this gem

Please note, our trailer gantry and fall arrest systems have a 22 stone maximum weight limit.

just for reference 22 stone is 139.7 kg

I’ve worked with a few drivers over the years who have been warned about their weight due to limitations of the design of truck seats and seat belts.

Talking about being overweight & trucks I don’t know whether this is staged or what!!! Some hillbilly redneck stuff going on here, I haven’t stopped laughing. The fun starts around 1:40. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

knowing how the Americans are for sueing because their feelings got hurt or the ended up with a split end im guess its choreographed still funny though

1 Like

Yes I’ve seen a similar job advert with a “no fatties” clause, again citing limits of the equipment. I’m struggling to see anything wrong with it TBH, there are some enormous guys in the industry and you have to wonder how they are actually capable of doing their job properly

i agree i fail to understand how they would pass a medical because i assume they would have other health issues. I was more surprised it was needed to put a statement like that than commenting on any political correctness.

There’s a driver at our place who actually can’t drive the 18T DAF we have because their stomach overlaps the steering wheel.

Not truck related but relevant to this . Finnair are weighing passengers on Finland before they get on a plane
Screenshot_20240322-120449

Can any one find Dutch Berry Sheriff Office on Google Maps? :wink:

Is it anywhere near Nightvale?

i cant find anything dutch berry or nightvale in the usa. lots of links saying its a fictional place and lots of other links about cannabis

Try this link

I topped out at 21 stone. After 20 years of knackered back and a second spinal op to fix a third disc I’d blown I finally decided to do something about it. Took a couple of years but dropped over 5 stone and now only a stone heavier than I was when I was 18 and in the army. Didn’t do any more exercise, didn’t go on any of those fancy diets, just limited calorie intake to what the recommended daily limit for a male is and changed some choices in what I ate to get there, changing belly pork for lean pork steak for example knocked several hundred calories out of a single meal, changing from potato crisps to quavers/wotsits etc halved the number of calories there. Still had takeaway on a weekend. I think if I’d gone on one of those diets I’d not have seen it out.

1 Like

Had a mate on Gauthier’s who was well over weight and could barely walk, it was a real eye opener to see him climb down from his Magnum and he always wore soft slippers with no backs, for both driving and loading/tipping.

My French colleagues, who had a wicked sense of humour, called him La Gazelle. :rofl:

Hard to see a problem really. If thats the max rating for the equipment. I’ve always been skinny no matter what i eat or drink. Slight ale belly coming on which will need attention.
Don’t think drivers are getting bigger. If anything getting slimmer and younger from what I see.

There is a couple of pure heavyweights at our place. The one on days still goes out on multidrop handball so fair play. The Chereau ladders hold him no problem!

I need to do this! I love belly pork & pies & could do with changing my diet to leaner meats too. I’m retired & had my annual review with my doctor last week, He said I’m overweight at 17 stone, I’m 6’2"
He said he needed to up my blood thinner meds due to DVT to compensate & asked if I wanted to join the dietary group about food portion sizes :unamused:

I saw that exact same ad, popped up on my indeed.