Truck drivers boogey?

Hi all, I heard this great song on radio 2 a few weeks ago and just managed to scribble a bit of the name down. I think the song was by a dave dudly or something similar and from some album called truckdrivers boogey. I have tried a search on google but found nothing, does it ring a bell with anyone. Cheers for any info. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Tidycab,

Click onto this link:
amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000003QVH/ref=p
Scroll down to ā€œListen to Samplesā€,switch on your speakers and click on the different tracks to see if you recognise the one that you heard the other week.

Dave Dudley was famous for his ā€˜Truckinā€™ C&W Tunes, the best known/most played one was ā€˜Six Days on the Roadā€™ -perhaps thats the one youā€™re after.

Incidentally, - Iā€™m not an anorak, or 'owt, :blush: :blush: - the only Country & Western songs I like are a few about Trucking ! :smiley: :smiley:

Hope this helps,

CB Savage at all :laughing:?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Iā€¦had a Friendā€¦who had some truck song tapes with titles like

Six days on the road, Diesel Smoke, Dangerous Curves, Little Joe, The Ghost of something or other.

If I see him anytime soon Iā€™ll ask where he got them from.

for god sake m8 donā€™t rush out and buy any one of them samples,youā€™ll be sleeping b4 you leave depot.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers deesider, That six days one rings a bell. I am going to go on that link know for a listen. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yep matey, thats the one :smiley: When I heard it the other week I have to say the old foot was tapping a bit, going to have a listen to the others know. Cheers :wink:

the coal porters do a great version of 6 days on the road

This version of Convoy always makes me laugh.

Convoy Click Here

just been on to the itunes website and to my amazement found loads of dave dudly tracks :open_mouth: Found six days on the road and bought it, 79p and its now on my ipod :laughing: Am I starting to show my age or what (34) listening to radio 2 and country music :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: That convoy tune is very funny, does anyone know who sang the original cos I would like that aswell ! :sunglasses:

TIDYCAB:
just been on to the itunes website and to my amazement found loads of dave dudly tracks :open_mouth: Found six days on the road and bought it, 79p and its now on my ipod :laughing: Am I starting to show my age or what (34) listening to radio 2 and country music :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: That convoy tune is very funny, does anyone know who sang the original cos I would like that aswell ! :sunglasses:

CW McCall sang the original. PM me if you want the MP3 version. :laughing: :laughing:

Then theres ā€œHello, Iā€™m a Truckā€, Phantom 309, Teddy Bear :cry: , Feather River Canyon, Home Sweet Home,
OOOOOOOOOOpppps

Iā€™ve got convoy gb as an mp3 :smiley: :smiley:

gypsi 1960:
Iā€™ve got convoy gb as an mp3 :smiley: :smiley:

Have to admit I have not heard that one. Is it avliable to download from anywhere??

It will take me 40 acres to turn this rig around :stuck_out_tongue:

U want to hear the euro convoy 1 where they are going to germany russia etc ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hilarious

Sounds good so far, Dad. Any idea how we can get to hear it? :laughing:

If the people with the other alternative versions of ā€œConvoyā€ can email me the files I will put them up the same way I have done for the ā€œChatroom Convoyā€ track so we can all listen to them to have a laugh. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Steve earle did the definitive version of 6 days on the road (think its on the essential steve earle album)

chatroom convoy is quality, ā€œwhat a coincidence, i am a lesbian too!!!ā€

red sovine did the best trucking tunes. phantom 309 is a paticualr favourite where my namesake big joe turns the wheels of phantom 309 to save that busload of kids. tears in the eyes time. Stan ridgeway ripped it off something chronic for his mid 80ā€™s vietnam/ghost story hit ā€˜camoflageā€™