Truck driver wins car

Truck driver from carphilly wins 275k McLaren car

So hands up who was it?
Not bad for £25 ticket.
Although what would you seriously do if you won it?
As never afford the insurance. Let alone the petrol at maybe 5 mpg.
Altough he also gets 10k in cash which should help.

Buy him a decent house tough if he sold it.
Good on him I say.
Alought prob have his boss and everyone now being all friendly with him .

edd1974:
Good on him I say.

Me too…

Good on him. Nothing wrong with good fortune when it comes along. Given the option, I’d elect for anonymity though.

In his position, I’d sell the car and re-invest the cash elsewhere. I like my cars but supercars have never flicked my switches.

The first service on it would probably bankrupt the average driver. A nice thing to win but could be handed a massive money pit at the same time, I would sell it on. Nice to see someone win something that deserves to win, rather than someone who could already afford it.

I would want a cash option instead of the super car. No use unless you have the life style and I wouldnt want that life style.

edd1974:
Although what would you seriously do if you won it?

I’d sell it. As much as I’d love to have a car like that, there’s no way I’d afford to run it and £10,000 isn’t going to last long.

For the value of the car plus the £10k, I could get a decent new car and a house which would be more beneficial to me than a supercar.

I would imagine there is a waiting list for any old Maclaren and the winner could soon convert it to cash or a couple of Terbergs if he wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
I would imagine there is a waiting list for any old Maclaren and the winner could soon convert it to cash or a couple of Terbergs if he wanted to.

Yeh, I think he’s going to be waiting a short while before he gets the car as the news article states:

An identical car was driven to Risca on Friday for him to see what he had won while his car is being built.

I have no idea how long it will take to be built and shipped to him but I’m sure he’ll be able to sell it quick enough.

I’m no expert on cars. But thing like that if he was to keep it in a garage in prestine condition hardly use it. Its value will rise?

It’ll look good sat in the muddy yard while he’s down the road all week, though it’ll be a PITA if he has to clear the cab out and load it all in the car :laughing:

edd1974:
I’m no expert on cars. But thing like that if he was to keep it in a garage in prestine condition hardly use it. Its value will rise?

I’m no expert either, though I think its relative to the rarity and perhaps some marques are safer than others. These days I wonder how practical it will be to fuel up and drive a petrol motor on the public roads in 15 years or so, will that impact value on a lot of classics??

A 220mph 4.0L V8 is going to be about as much use as a Euro 0 lorry sat in the yard, lovely to look at until it rots away or the shunter uses it for the Friday chip run. [emoji23]
Gimme the money and I will buy a Prius and a house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mclaren car is still not as fast as a Tuffnells night trunker

It did rain that morning to be fair…

southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ … 20a%20wall.

ArcticMonkey:

Yes but which would.get more mpg

edd1974:

ArcticMonkey:

Yes but which would.get more mpg

Goff118:

Another from South Wales who won a car maybe I need to move there lol

edd1974:

Goff118:

Another from South Wales who won a car maybe I need to move there lol

Ha ha I remember seeing the fire engine and police there that morning on my way to work, and then later on I’d seen that he’d won the car on the Tuesday and written it off within 12 hours. Poor sod!

edd1974:

No mate they deprecate like crazy.

Not like the old F1 that was circa 600k new but an easy 12mil plus now

Sell it and buy a house and a new car lol

ArcticMonkey:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I can jussssst manage to get past them in mine, but I can feel the sething rage burning into me as I creep past. Few flash me in. :smiley: