Truck & Driver Overseas Subscription

Is anyone else having problems with not receiving their magazine.
I have not rec’d Septembers, called the U.K. to be told no more copies available we will extend your subscription date!.
The same happened with Commercial Motor last year,which I did not renew due to no show for weeks then Novembers coming before Octobers, this was a weekly magazine.
Surely all the hard work publishing etc etc has been done, whats up with the distribution system. I asked if they track the delivery to find the weak link or problem carrier to be told NO.
I gave up reading the U.S. mags years ago, and still enjoy T&D, not forgetting the input from our fellow member newmercman.
Yes, we have this forum but there is somthing about opening a magazine and reading about companies or people you know or may have worked with.

Paul

i need a job like yours to even AFFORD a subscription to T&D :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
its dear enough in the shop let alone post it to you (even though your not getting it)

welshboyinspain, you are right it is expensive, and you would think Reed business would take more interest in keeping my business. I have been a customer in the U.K. and here in the States for probably 20 odd years.
Being a valley boy I like to get value for money.
Should change my name to uptightwelshboyinUSofA.

Cheers Paul

Paul,

Call Sandra Greaves at T&D, she is very helpful, get it sorted before October’s issue comes out at the beginning of September, I’ve got a LDD in that one I believe :wink:

If you have problems PM me (lost your number when I snapped my old phone in half :imp: ) I’ve got some people coming over in a few weeks & I’ll get them to bring a copy over :wink:

Paul John:
welshboyinspain, you are right it is expensive, and you would think Reed business would take more interest in keeping my business. I have been a customer in the U.K. and here in the States for probably 20 odd years.

Cheers Paul

i used to work with a bloke called paul john in raymonds wasn’t you was it :question:

welshboyinspain:

Paul John:

Cheers Paul

i used to work with a bloke called paul john in raymonds wasn’t you was it :question:

Hi welshboyinspain, no I am not the guy you worked with at John Raymonds. pete 359 told me he is a manager there now.
I have however spoken to him many years ago. They were looking for owner drivers to run over the water.
I called asking to speak to Paul John, and when asked who was speaking I replied Paul John, after being hung up on 2/3 times I gave up.
My wife had to call in the end, and he returned my call. I guess they thought it was a driver taking the P—.

Cheers Paul

newmercman:
Paul,

Call Sandra Greaves at T&D, she is very helpful, get it sorted before October’s issue comes out at the beginning of September, I’ve got a LDD in that one I believe :wink:

If you have problems PM me (lost your number when I snapped my old phone in half :imp: ) I’ve got some people coming over in a few weeks & I’ll get them to bring a copy over :wink:

Hi Mark, thanks for the info. I will call Sandra to see if she can get a copy for me. If not we can go to plan B.
I will pm you with an update on the other situation soon, keep them wheels rolling.

PAUL

newmercman:
Paul,

Hi Mark, spoke to Sandra Greaves earlier, as you said she was very helpful and will mail me Septembers copy.
Look foreward to reading your LDD in Octobers issue.

Regards Paul

Paul,

Good news mate, Sandra is a star :wink:

Paul John:

newmercman:
Paul,

Hi Mark, spoke to Sandra Greaves earlier, as you said she was very helpful and will mail me Septembers copy.
Look foreward to reading your LDD in Octobers issue.

Regards Paul

Just an update, rec’d my Sept copy a few days ago, thanks Sandra as Mark said you are a star.
Hopefuly, by the time I read it Octobers will be here. Sad, I know but need something to read now I am back on the road.

Regards Paul

Back on the road again then Paul, nice one, regional or OTR?

newmercman:
Back on the road again then Paul, nice one, regional or OTR?

HI Mark, noticed we were on the forum at the same time Monday night, in fact was reading the T&D comments on the professional forum, switched back but my reply just failed to go through. With the pillow and alarm calling I gave up.
Anyway, yes back on the road running two Gainesville FL to Memphis TN for a small fleet contracted to the U.S. Postal Service.
Contract runs until Feb 2011, although nothing is guranteed as the network is being re-organised again. Hopefully Orlando will get some more originating runs, and I will have the opportunity to bid on them.
I guess you could call it regional 670 miles each way, but as it is a dedicated route, you may well disagree.

Cheers Paul

newmercman:
Paul,

I got my ‘FREE’ copy from Sandra in the mail monday :wink:

Just get your letter of the month published and you get 4 … by the way Mark I also have the orriginal of your cartoon (open to bids) :laughing:

I’m thinking of submitting my version of ‘Long distance diary’ … Yonkers NY to St Albans VT :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But people would fall asleep :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
I’m thinking of submitting my version of ‘Long distance diary’ … Yonkers NY to St Albans VT :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But people would fall asleep :laughing:

Hi Pat, It looks as if Beam Brothers out of Virginia have the contract for your old run. Spoke to one of their guys on Monday at the Orlando L & DC.
Its been 4 years since I ran out of there regular, nothing has changed.
Let me know if you want to remind anyone who you new down here about yourself or the antics you got up to lol. Only us Australians sorry Brits could leave lasting impressions.
As to the long distance diary it would have to be a video, showing the scenery with comments, jokes and tales along the way.
Thanks for the PM, a while back.
Paul

The only bloke who comes to mind was the night supervisor who would let me sleep for hours while on the dock nearest the in gate at Orlando, he was an ok guy :slight_smile:
All other drivers had to leave the site between offloading and reloading 5 or six hours later, there was a black woman who sometimes unloaded me on the sunken dock on the right as you pull in the gate (can’t remember her name ? but she was a good sort.

Hey Pat, :sunglasses: still got your long distance diaries you sent to us when we were in UK and you were out anoying the yanks. :smiling_imp: .lol…
saved them on notepad, could write a story with them just alone…lol…Will have to find them out for you if you ever do decide to write it. :question: .
Regards
Tony B
Regards to misses Pat…

The Gringo:
Hey Pat, :sunglasses: still got your long distance diaries you sent to us when we were in UK and you were out anoying the yanks. :smiling_imp: .lol…
saved them on notepad, could write a story with them just alone…lol…Will have to find them out for you if you ever do decide to write it. :question: .
Regards
Tony B
Regards to misses Pat…

Put them up on here Mr Gringo, we’d love to see them :wink:

The Gringo:
Regards
Tony B
Regards to misses Pat…

Tony … you old Tesco ■■■■ :laughing:
Where the hell have you been ? Kate and I thought you had been murdered by Mexican drug runners or something :open_mouth: You come over here, have dinner in Montreal, then vanish in Mexico.
I am glad to see you are ok, do you use facebook ?