Truck drags van backwards

the maoster:
Oh [zb] off you clown!

Your generosity with compliments is admirable, Mr. Moaster.
His reluctance to tow such a trailer is justified by his lack of experience and understanding.

exit:
Full video here:
youtu.be/FLt-zHW1Aw8?t=29
Posted this a while back:
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 2&t=172396

That first video posted up by exit is one of those “best of” compilations. The first clip on it is the video we’re interested in. Have a look, you won’t be watching through 20 other clips.
You can’t see everything, but the artic is driving through roadworks. Just as he goes left, around the temp’ traffic lights, you see the van pulling up onto the kerb and hard up against the cones. I’d assume he’s trying to give extra room to the wagon. We don’t know if the wagon driver gestured to van man asking for this manoeuvre, or if van man did it all off his own bat.

Carryfast:

yourhavingalarf:
So…

No then.

A UK spec 45ft Tri laxle , let alone tandem axle, is close enough in terms of knowing that trading cut in for tail sweep, with an artic and the way an artic is designed to go round corners, is a very bad thing.I managed not to hit anything with either type. But would definitely refuse to drive these heaps for the same reason that I didn’t collect anything with the standard compromised 45ft.Tail sweep is more dangerous than cut in and I don’t need to drive one these contraptions to know that and that too much is too much.

So…

No then.

Having driven LST’s for Gregorys Cullompton I once bent a safety yellow handrail leaving the yard on sharp left turn to exit yard due to double parked trucks at the wash, Had 3 ft clear from the handrail, bent it over by 4 inches but didn’t feel it or hear it ( radio 2 on). When I got to Birmingham got a call from the office asking if I had damage truck or heard it. Said no had a look around the truck there was a tiny bit of yellow paint on the off side corner, so yes I hit it hands up. They have had loads of damage in the yard from LSTs manoeuvring in the dark, one brand new milk tanker which had just been delivered got hit by a young driver spinning around got major damage. Easy done in tight spaces.