Truck curtains.

Now I don’t want this thread to degenerate in to a tassels & half drawn across drivers window or no tassels & not half drawn across drivers window debate but can anyone point me in the right direction to buy just 2 simple, decent quality, no tassels, black, black out curtains for a Renault premium tractor unit.

All the ones I can see on EBay aren’t my cup of tea.

Buy a set from Dunelm Mill and then get someone with a sewing machine to cut them down to size.

dunelm-mill.com/shop/black-s … ion-244812

trucking smart they do have a website nice curtains double lined so nice black out

As Renault are currently my best friends …I’ll have a word for you :wink:
What sort have you got in yours ■■?

I find on both my current Volvo and previous Scania the curtains were great and let very little light in. Maybe Volvo ones would fit

I’m not sure, but do I think Renault Magnums are the only truck on the road which have blinds fitted rather than curtains, I do know that they are 100% light-resistant.

As has been said before by others, a Renault Magnum is a Volvo Globetrotter, only with a better cab. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can remember my first night out across the seats(with the aid of a bit of foam) in a day cab 1617.
The curtains were a couple of blankets tucked into the side windows and pegged to the sun visors.
Happy days/nights.

DAF used to fit white curtains, when i complained about them letting light in, the boss said if it is daylight you should be working, not asleep :slight_smile:

Kate:
As Renault are currently my best friends …I’ll have a word for you :wink:
What sort have you got in yours ■■?

Thanks Kate but it’s the Renault ones I have & they’re not lined so let the light in.

switchlogic:
I find on both my current Volvo and previous Scania the curtains were great and let very little light in. Maybe Volvo ones would fit

That’s what your extra 20 grand goes on. :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:
I’m not sure, but do I think Renault Magnums are the only truck on the road which have blinds fitted rather than curtains, I do know that they are 100% light-resistant.

As has been said before by others, a Renault Magnum is a Volvo Globetrotter, only with a better cab. :stuck_out_tongue:

That looks like a proper Base H. Don’t even talk to me about the curtain track falling out every time you want to open or close the curtains on the prem either!!!

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Suedehead:
Can remember my first night out across the seats(with the aid of a bit of foam) in a day cab 1617.
The curtains were a couple of blankets tucked into the side windows and pegged to the sun visors.
Happy days/nights.

Foam and blankets! you were spoiled :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:

As has been said before by others, a Renault Magnum is a Volvo Globetrotter, only with a better cab. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quoteIIi
Iveco also use blinds on the Stralis however if they didn’t fit them there wouldn’t be a great deal of difference :smiley:

The stralis one (surprise, surprise) is only on the windscreen which leaves a gap then in between the side curtains & the blind.

Silver_Surfer:

switchlogic:

That’s what your extra 20 grand goes on. :slight_smile:

Worth every penny. I’ve slept in an Onion Box a few times, not something I want to repeat :wink:

I think a lot of companies are trying to save money on material judging by the gaps in the curtains when closed, a decent curtain rail wouldnt go amiss either, and the magnum has a great idea with blinds. Another idea is to go to a curtain shop who will cut them to size and fit the curtain hooks, but it obviously depends on the rail being used, where theres a will, theres a way.

Im not the only one who has issues with the curtain rails in a Premium then ! Bloody things keep falling down or get caught on the sun visors, what was the matter with a metal curtain rail

White rig truck curtains do a first class job

On the subject of cab curtains,why did the early sleepers only have a divide curtain between the bunk and the seats and not full blown around the side windows and windscreen?

Schofield:
Im not the only one who has issues with the curtain rails in a Premium then ! Bloody things keep falling down or get caught on the sun visors, what was the matter with a metal curtain rail

Arr who thought a rubber rail in to feeble clips every 6 inches was a good idea with truckers hands mauling them every night & morning wants the French p45.