Truck Conversion Motor Homes

[zb]
anorak:
I don’t think it tilts. The rest of the body appears to be permanently attached to the cab. More likely they have cut a hole in the floor for engine access. God knows what happens if the engine needs to come out.

I think it may be a rear or mid engined bus/coach chassis.
Dig

Air intake stack’s in the usual place. Whatever they have done, it’s cost a lot more than putting windows in a boxvan body, and achieved little more than that.

Here is another one that somebody has put a lot of work into. Again, it looks like the cab doesn’t tilt although the engine might be behind the rear axle. Known in the RV trade as a diesel pusher.

kwpush.JPG

Perhaps the entire body tilts with the cab :laughing: Imagine the mechanic coming to you by the road side, “Do us a favour drive, just move any loose stuff before I tilt the cab”. Three hours later… :grimacing:

[zb]
anorak:
I don’t think it tilts. The rest of the body appears to be permanently attached to the cab. More likely they have cut a hole in the floor for engine access. God knows what happens if the engine needs to come out.

The same way we removed the engines from some BMC 7 ton integral vans: front axle removed and drag it out from below.

Pete.

Loadsa room

04497684-00D5-4505-82A4-EC6189154E4A.jpeg

robthedog:
Loadsa room

Perfect! Live in the cab and rent the rest out to several families on the way back through Calais - whoops - get my hat…

Might be of interest to Robert having at one time a “bus”. This one certainly a labour of love and expense.
youtube.com/watch?v=xeMT1d_L-hw
Oily

Barcelona

36DB9742-9B8E-4870-8269-7A288BC20694.jpeg

Here is a link to a YouTube video showing how the cab tips on a Marmon truck conversion motor home.

Bit o character about this one, all credit to Andrew Bone for the photo snapped at the Great Dorset 2018.
Oily

Mack B43S 1960 Great Dorset Steam Fair, August 2018. Andrew Bone cc by 2.0 43498499035_53da1ea598_k.jpg

Unique Unic? or more like Iveco Euro Cargo, very smart and credit to Dave Fawcett for the photo.
Oily

drive.com.au/news/the-1-mil … kLink=SMH3

oiltreader:
Bit o character about this one, all credit to Andrew Bone for the photo snapped at the Great Dorset 2018.
Oily

Spardo will be beside his self with this.

Dig :unamused: :laughing:

I wouldn,t like a fortnight in this
20200120_111605.jpg.

Take your pick. Thanks to Peter Schöler for the photos snapped November 2022.
Oily

Motorhome PS 2022 52467024561_9985c8250d_o.jpg

^^

I’ve always had a huge soft spot for those early F12 globetrotters. The most handsome looking lorry ever in my opinion.

The old mobile libraries make good ones.

Couple of French with credit to Dave Fawcett for the photos.
Oily