Truck Conversion Motor Homes

On Toprun this month. Ro

In a street near me back in the '70s when I lived in Fulham. Told it had taken a load of gap-year students overland to Asia and back.
Bernard

All credit to Bruce Fingerhood for the photos.
Oily

Motorhome Bruce Fingerhood cc by 2.0 prev a coach 3383356329_96b5d50cec_o.jpg

Unusual, say no more at Rancho Cordova CA.
Oily

Motorhome Rancho Cordova, CA. cr Spidertax Off-Road cc by 2.0 26387092316_efaa823ceb_k.jpg

A couple of fairground wagons at 2016 Truckness, Bught Park, Inverness.
Oily

Looks like a Model T underneath.
Oily

ERF-NGC-European:
Couple more.

I’m sure the cream and blue Albion is traveller Daves own lorry , a few years ago a mate of mine took an engine over to France for him think he was broken down over there .

This ERF beauty would have to belong to Robert.

We have a small expedition type truck called an OKA they were locally built here in Perth West Oz in the mid 1990s powered by a 110hp Phaser Perkins 5 speed Turner gearbox NP 205 transfer box and Dana Spicer diffs
Cheers Dig

I found this on pinterest, what a great truck!

truckcampermagazine.com/off … f-the-box/

DIG:
1This ERF beauty would have to belong to Robert.

We have a small expedition type truck called an OKA they were locally built here in Perth West Oz in the mid 1990s powered by a 110hp Phaser Perkins 5 speed Turner gearbox NP 205 transfer box and Dana Spicer diffs
Cheers Dig

Well you must have got me right there Dig, 'cos I posted that pic at the top of the page :laughing: . Cheers mate!

Not a truck, but today I found a couple of rather poor pics I took of a USA import that was for sale at a garage in Cromford, Derbyshire, a few years ago. It was made by a Californian company and the seller knew I was a VW fan so invited me to have a look at it! I can’t imagine that it was very stable?

Pete.

windrush:
Not a truck, but today I found a couple of rather poor pics I took of a USA import that was for sale at a garage in Cromford, Derbyshire, a few years ago. It was made by a Californian company and the seller knew I was a VW fan so invited me to have a look at it! I can’t imagine that it was very stable?

Pete.

Upgraded wheels, though!

A cousin.
Oily

In New Zealand.
Oily

Motorhome NZ Jack Williams cc by nc nd 2.0 13214455763_6b519a8130_k.jpg

oiltreader:
A cousin.
Oily

“Super Bugger”!
No comment on the name…
Based on Beetle chassis, with engine retained in rear.

Franglais:

oiltreader:
A cousin.
Oily

“Super Bugger”!
No comment on the name…

Its been built for warmer climates judging by the size of the a/c unit on the roof or is it a heater?
Dig

oiltreader:
A cousin.
Oily

It can only tour in the direction of the prevailing breeze. :laughing:

DIG:

Franglais:

oiltreader:
A cousin.
Oily

“Super Bugger”!
No comment on the name…

Its been built for warmer climates judging by the size of the a/c unit on the roof or is it a heater?
Dig

www Says it was a 1970’s California design.
www-motor1-com.cdn.ampproject.o … -camper%2F
And we all know “it never rains in California”!
As aerodynamic as a brick, heavy looking, and a 1600cc engine?

NMP. How do you tilt the cab? Looking at it closely there may be a join to the left of the air vent behind the door. Perhaps the whole of the front section splits away from the rear at that point. Would need to be a well engineered waterproof seal though.

106478334_966015687188999_4867593956453525195_n.jpg

I don’t think it tilts. The rest of the body appears to be permanently attached to the cab. More likely they have cut a hole in the floor for engine access. God knows what happens if the engine needs to come out.