Truck chassis modification

I’m not sure I am posting this in the right place but…
Would anyone know if chassis reduction from 6x2 tag to a 4x2 has been done to a truck.
Have a retired 1995 143 and had thought of reducing it to a 4x2. :bulb:
Reasons for doing so are various and I have been told it is relatively easy to do (by the professionals!)

Does anyone have experience of this or know if it is ever done?
I know it is more common to add an axle.

Any advice appreciated :question:

Ta

johnskip44:
I’m not sure I am posting this in the right place but…
Would anyone know if chassis reduction from 6x2 tag to a 4x2 has been done to a truck.
Have a retired 1995 143 and had thought of reducing it to a 4x2. :bulb:
Reasons for doing so are various and I have been told it is relatively easy to do (by the professionals!)

Does anyone have experience of this or know if it is ever done?
I know it is more common to add an axle.
Hiya…yeras ago when Tolman car transporters sold those F86 units a pal on mine and I lengthend 3 of them into 4 wheelers
not a lot of trouble really, we got props from the breakers and worked to the measurments,i would have thought yours was
quite straight forward. its the ministry men(they seem keener nowadays) to sort out your new wheel base on the records ,
the one,s we did was all above board and MOTed leagelly.
John

Sv tech at leyland should do everything for you other than the manual work of the job it’s self.

Thanks for that gents.
I have been in touch with Britcom who are well familiar with chassis modifications.
Just wonder if the drive will be compromised and how successful the end result may be…
Around 3k for the job and they re-balance the propshaft.
:question: :question:

Try Ian at NorthWest Commercils Preston he dose that work for fun.
Unit 6
Rough Hey Industrial Estate
Rough Hey Road
Preston
PR2 5AR
Telephone:
01772 796 996
Fax:
01772 705 319
Email:
ian.noblet@btconnect.com

He just did one for Ray Witts from a 6x2 rig to a tractor unit with a 6x2 tag, that was a 113 he did.
Cheers Welly

Here it is before and after

Food for thought! :unamused:
Cheers