Truck booster pack

Hi all,
I have recently got a 10T 1999 Ford Iveco Cargo 85E15 and wanted to get a suitable booster pack for emergencies. What current rating should I be looking at for the booster? I’ve found one thats rated to 600A cold crank and 1500A peak. Would this be suitable?
Cheers for any help or advice.
Craig

Possibly the wrong forum. Hopefully a Moderator will move it to Owner a drivers Forum :wink:

dar1976:
Possibly the wrong forum. Hopefully a Moderator will move it to Owner a drivers Forum :wink:

Done!! :smiley:

Hopefully, craigh’s topic will be seen by more people who are able to offer advice.

Have a look at this thread, covered recently.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98268

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction. Looking at the other topic, a starter pack is a no go.

a starter pack should be used regular, and if you want one that is actually any good, you will be looking at a lot of money

better option is to buy a set of heavy duty jump leads (not the cheapo crap that you get from halfords, other car spares shops are available)

posted on the other topic too

from this page

hgvdirect.co.uk/catalog/adva … cription=1

the clarke 12/24v ones arnt bad for the money will start most things about £150 from machine mart

yes, they will start most things, but they don’t last very long after the first usage :imp:

jump leads are the best option

shuttlespanker:
yes, they will start most things, but they don’t last very long after the first usage :imp:

jump leads are the best option

use mine most days on my third seem to last about 18 months or robbed when ya backs turned :imp: was told they better used than left on charge think they good value compared to price of other makes