Truck battery

I have a 150w inverter and I use my Xbox and TV from it on a night, how long should I play it before running the engine ?

I have a 500 watt and it runs my laptop for 4 or 5 hours never bother starting mine at all, just depends how good your batteries are really :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

does your truck have a volt meter? if so then fire it up at say 20v. I used to be able to still start my lorry at 17v but it did turn over quite slow

You’ll be able to do a good 5 or 6hrs or more before needing to worry. The 150W Ring ones are about 90% efficiency.

I used to run one when sat at Palletways at Fradley and would have it on the go with the night heater as well for around 4hrs with little problem.

What size inverter would I need to run a ps3 in the truck? As my friends 300w inverter won’t turn the ps3 on you can just hear a buzzing noise.

Ryan090 now you have all those ‘modern toys’ make sure you buy what you might really need…A SET OF JUMP LEADS…generously started many rigs
where the driver has no juice in the morning.

Already have jump leads and everything I need, if I’m out all week I may aswell have ‘modern toys’ to keep me busy rather than playing with jump leads lol

Ryan090:
What size inverter would I need to run a ps3 in the truck? As my friends 300w inverter won’t turn the ps3 on you can just hear a buzzing noise.

Is it a ps3 slim? What I’m asking is does it have the built in power transformer or does it have a brick built in along the power cable?

The reason I’m asking this is because if you’re anything like me and probably most others you’ll purchase a Modified Sine Wave Inverter (read: cheap) which will cause the ps3 to buzzzz when it’s on. My laptop power supply gave up after 3 months of being powered by a modified sine wave 500 watt inverter. For expensive electronics like games consoles/portable flat screen TV’s/anything other than a phone charger, you should really be buying a PURE sine wave inverter. You say a 300W couldn’t handle it, well remember you also have the TV to power so you’re probably looking at minimum 500w. Getting a 24v one will be better, draw less amps which in turn will drain the battery slower.

here’s one in maplin for £130. It’s a 1000w Pure sine wave but it’s only 12v. A lot dearer than modified sine wave inverters but you need to realise they’re more expensive for a reason, they’re better and wont screw sensitive and expensive toys like ps3’s and laptops. Also being 1000w it probably doesn’t come with a ■■■ socket plug so you’ll need to invest in a decent length of jump lead style cable

Remember to make sure you’re taking 12v off the batteries. a cheap multi meter will confirm any suspicions. Just put + and - over the terminals you plan to use and anything other than 10v-14v ish you’re probably using the wrong ones

any more q’s im happy to help

steven