Truck battery

Just after your thoughts/ experience on battery life on class 1 using a laptop for 3/5 hours a day if I go tramping . Would that be ok? Drain it down ? Cheers

should be fine aslong as there not crap/cheap batteries

Keep an eye on the battery voltage. Most trucks will have a battery voltage read out in one of the wee computer screens on the dash.

Mine used to run down to around 19v and the truck would still start then another truck the batteries would stay at 24v after hours of laptop use.

How old is the truck? if it’s new then I wouldn’t worry about it

I was in a scrapia last month, unloaded it and an hour later it wouldn’t start. It was reading 20v on the dash and just went “Click”

Obviously a faulty battery and my suspicions were confirmed when I saw a set of jump leads in the side locker.

So as pointed out above, it depends on the quality of the battery more than the voltage. You need it to hold a lot of Amps to turn the starter.

Cover the angles Speno,go and buy yourself a set of heavy duty jump leads,sorted,indeed jumped a Frenchman the other morning.noticed as I went
in the Routiers he had left his laptop on,wasn’t surprised next morn he needed a jump and he had his own leads.2 minute job.