Truck and Driver needs YOU! Well, I do, anyway...*GRINS*

Hi all…I shan’t lie to you, I’m on the blag. :blush: :grimacing:

I’m doing a thing for T&D giving a rough guide to what people can expect in if they go for a job in one of various different sectors of driving - if yours isn’t listed here, fear not, I’ll likely come back to it at some point!

All I need is for people working in any of the following jobs to drop me a PM with their email addy so I can send them a quick questionnaire. You don’t need to give your name if you don’t want, and answering it should take all of about 5 minutes, if that. It’ll just be stuff like hours, pay (relative to what average in your area), good and bad points of the job etc. so I can do a rough survey across as much of the country as I can.

So…Are you on:

1. General - Flats or Tauts
  2. Boxes
  3. Bulk Tippers
  4. Car Transporters
  5. Fridge work
  6. Supermarket trolley-dollying
    or 7. Trunking work, particularly nights…>?

G’wan, g’wan, g’wan…You know you want to… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Lucy:
Hi all…I shan’t lie to you, I’m on the blag. :blush: :grimacing:
Nothing new :unamused:
I’m doing a thing for T&D giving a rough guide to what people can expect in if they go for a job in one of various different sectors of driving - if yours isn’t listed here, fear not, I’ll likely come back to it at some point!
Nothing new again :unamused:
All I need is for people working in any of the following jobs to drop me a PM with their email addy so I can send them a quick questionnaire. You don’t need to give your name if you don’t want, and answering it should take all of about 5 minutes, if that. It’ll just be stuff like hours, pay (relative to what average in your area), good and bad points of the job etc. so I can do a rough survey across as much of the country as I can.
you can bet 90% of emails have their name as their address in it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
So…Are you on:

1. General - Flats or Tauts
  2. Boxes
  3. Bulk Tippers
  4. Car Transporters
  5. Fridge work
  6. Supermarket trolley-dollying
    or 7. Trunking work, particularly nights…>?

G’wan, g’wan, g’wan…You know you want to… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

PM sent I got plenty of time being off

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: @ Chicane

Thanks Nick, as ever. And yeah, it’s precisely because most people’s names are on their email that I made it clear they didn’t need to give it if they didn’t want me - in other words, I shan’t tell anyone what it is! :grimacing:

And whaddaya mean I’m always on the blag, I do occasionally come in and make a few sarky comments on other threads purely for my own amusement, and I even approve the odd post in the pre-mod queue if I came across one, so there! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Just wanted to thank those who’ve PM’d so far…You should have email! :grimacing:

Keep 'em coming! :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s wrong with low loaders…■■

Yours
Mr Discriminated

What about round timber or brick / block hiab stuff?

Steel ?

Lucy:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: @ Chicane

Thanks Nick, as ever. And yeah, it’s precisely because most people’s names are on their email that I made it clear they didn’t need to give it if they didn’t want me - in other words, I shan’t tell anyone what it is! :grimacing:

And whaddaya mean I’m always on the blag, I do occasionally come in and make a few sarky comments on other threads purely for my own amusement, and I even approve the odd post in the pre-mod queue if I came across one, so there! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

:sunglasses:

Entertainment Truckies■■?

I’ve only got 2000 words, guys, I can’t put in everything! Fear not, there’ll be a round 2 I should think - especially now you’re all asking for one! :grimacing:

Overlooking the 7.5t home delivery drivers, or are they not glamorous enough, or too small to count? :wink:

It takes valuable trees to produce T&D should you be prolonging the end of a rag that not many seem to buy Lucy,I’m going to report you to the
Green Police for destroying valuable trees.

you missed walking floors and ejector driver, we should be top of the tree as we get rid of all your crap after you have finished with it, otherwise you would be swimming in it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Armagedon:
It takes valuable trees to produce T&D should you be prolonging the end of a rag that not many seem to buy Lucy,I’m going to report you to the
Green Police for destroying valuable trees.

Yeah, but think of all those wagon drivers carting the trees about who’d be out of a job if it wasn’t for the likes of me writing our drivel for you lot to not buy! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

wildfire:
you missed walking floors and ejector driver, we should be top of the tree as we get rid of all your crap after you have finished with it, otherwise you would be swimming in it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

See above! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks to everyone who’s said they’ll help me, btw - it’s genuinely appreciated! :grimacing:

Pallet multidrop?

So glad I don’t do that anymore :smiley:

I’m still short of trunkers if there are any out there who are willing…? :grimacing:

Lucy:
I’m still short of trunkers if there are any out there who are willing…? :grimacing:

I think even my job is too short to be called a Trunker!

Thankyou again to all who’ve responded to this - there were a cracking great lot of you, which is fabulous! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Assuming all those who have questionnaires send them back, I’m only really short of people on bulk tippers now. :frowning: