Truck and Bus lanes

Coming into Croydon tonight on the A23, and I noticed about a couple of miles in off the M25 cant remember where exactly, there is what looks to be like a new piece of road with a bus lane sectioned off, and the sign says can be used by buses, taxis, motobikes, pushbikes and also HGVs over 3.5 ton. Is this right? Surely in the rush hour car drivers wont be best pleased about trucks coming down the inside lane and undertaking them? There is also no time restriction on these either.

Please tell me I have seen them and that Im not still ■■■■■■ from Sat night :open_mouth: . Also Ive yet to see a HGV under 3.5 ton!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, it’s right.

There is a similar “Priority Lane” in Exeter that trucks can use. In my opinion, all Bus Lanes should be open to HGVs too,

its there mate I beleive it runs under a bridge…that narrows it down, the road off to the left at the traffic lights is where Doble Honda bike shop is, if you wanna google to find where it is, i would but i’m still feeling the effects of the nutella and need to visit the toilet bowl :blush:

EDIT oh the a23 didnt read that bit obviously, having a bad day or reading things wrong :angry:

Weve had them in Exeter for 5 years or more . The correct name it a pollution lane, designed to get the biggest polluters out of the city as quick as possible.
Problem is no one knows what they are. Some are 24/7 and some are morning or evening rush hours only. Look for the times of use on the signs. Only lorries over 7.5 tons can use ours.

its correct, its the new bit of road at coulsden

There is another short section where it is signed that hgv’s can use the bus lane as well outside nine elms is south london

In Sunderland they have (last time I was there 3 years ago) ‘No car lanes’ that are for everything except cars.

quite sensible but I think it would get just as frustating keep stopping behind all the buses all the time lol. And trucks and cycles in the same lane? That’ll end in tears, although to be honest I’m surprised bikes don’t get wedged under buses on a daily basis now.

yeh i used that strech of the 23 ,the other week towards croydon,i thought they had wrote the sign wrong, :laughing:

Around Newcastle upon tyne there is No Car Lanes which is good thing for us drivers

This system is in use in guilford also.