Troy Foods Leeds Class 1 drivers jobs

I notice Troy Foods are always advertising for Class 1 trampers.They pay £9.70 p/h and £22 night out.That is better than any general haulage in West Yorkshire.

Does anyone know what the work is like, because there must be something wrong to see them always advertising.Tidy MAN units too.

It’s the start times that don’t suit a lot people 00:01 to 04:00.
Good clean work with time and a half paid for all hours worked in the above time band, breaks paid too.

When we used to have a driver trainer at our place he told me that he was sent up to one of our depots in Leeds to induct/assess drivers regularly, most of whom were agency & he said for some strange reason it’s hard to find perm drivers in Leeds(no idea if that’s true or not).

Pimpdaddy:
When we used to have a driver trainer at our place he told me that he was sent up to one of our depots in Leeds to induct/assess drivers regularly, most of whom were agency & he said for some strange reason it’s hard to find perm drivers in Leeds(no idea if that’s true or not).

The problem with leeds is all the big hauliers seem to pay the same and drivers go on a merry go round thinking that they are getting a better deal.
Not many good employers up here now,the supermarkets are using agency and a lot of the big hauliers are wanting weekend work out if you after been away all week.

Boococks Transport do work out of there

Currently getting tipped here.

Just been speaking to a driver. Says one of best jobs he’s had. Says not pushed, only down side is start times, but between midnight and 4am they get time and half.

2 brand new 14 plate scanias in yard with some pretty new looking trailers.

The new tackle started arriving in the last few months, all the fleet being renewed. Like the other post said your never pushed, some days your dragging your feet!
With it being fresh food it’s 7 days a week so there are various shifts going. Even the lads in the office are sound, open door policy none of this lean through a hatch rubbish.

wow, all these posts, and nobody telling us “I wouldn’t work for that! A pittance! I get £750 a week for 3 hours a day, home every night!” Come on boys, where are the whingers and whiners?

sayersy:
wow, all these posts, and nobody telling us “I wouldn’t work for that! A pittance! I get £750 a week for 3 hours a day, home every night!” Come on boys, where are the whingers and whiners?

Go on then… you asked for it :smiley:

Pimpdaddy:
he said for some strange reason it’s hard to find perm drivers in Leeds(no idea if that’s true or not).

You could have overlooked this… :smiley:

LeedsChris:
I notice Troy Foods are always advertising for Class 1 trampers.They pay £9.70 p/h

I wouldn’t get out of bed for £9.70 per hour

:smiley:

yorkshire terrier:
Not many good employers up here now,the supermarkets are using agency.

They use agency, but the vast majority are core drivers. Jobs don’t come up often as people generally don’t leave.

The rigs look mint as well,
Think they run some Scanny’s
As well with the new fridges. Probly a doddle as well.

Silver_Surfer:
The rigs look mint as well,
Think they run some Scanny’s…

Well that’s certainly something to get excited about; some Scannys! Let me grab some tissues to clean myself up. :unamused: