Trouble booking CPC case studies

I’m having one of those weeks where no one on the telephone is helping me so though I should post on here for some expert advice.
Last week I passed my theory and hazard perception. I decided not to book the CPC case study module until I’d passed 1a & 1b.
Problem now starts that after passing I came home to book the case studies, logged onto the theory booking page and now there is no option to book the test.

I phoned the pearsonvue helpline and after losing the will to live while negotiating their automated menu they told me that they need to check my entitlements.

I passed my test before 1997 and have never driven for a living but is this why I can’t book it. I’m desperate to crack on with my training but getting any info about this out of them is proving difficult

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

As you passed the driving test before 1997 you should have cat C1 on your licence, if you do have cat C1 on your licence you have grandfather rights to the DCPC which has now expired, this means you can either do the initial DCPC or do 35 hours of periodic training.

Due to you having the choice you cannot book mods 2 and 4 online, the DVLA will arrange the test dates for you.

Was you aware that you can do the 35 hours of periodic training instead of mods 2 and 4 ?

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:
As you passed the driving test before 1997 you should have cat C1 on your licence, if you do have cat C1 on your licence you have grandfather rights to the DCPC which has now expired, this means you can either do the initial DCPC or do 35 hours of periodic training.

Due to you having the choice you cannot book mods 2 and 4 online, the DVLA will arrange the test dates for you.

Was you aware that you can do the 35 hours of periodic training instead of mods 2 and 4 ?

Sent from my mobile.

I had a feeling that might be the case. Thanks for confirming. In your opinion would it be more beneficial to do the 35 hours or opt for completing the 2&4 ?. Also when I start practical training does that count towards the 35 hours.

I believe that the cat C training could count as 7 hours periodic training for every days HGV driver training.

You would need to ensure the driver training is approved by JAUPT in order for it to count towards the periodic training.

It’s certainly something you should consider, it could save you time and money.

Sent from my mobile.

I shall most likely go that route then if I can. Thanks for the help

tachograph:
I believe that the cat C training could count as 7 hours periodic training for every days HGV driver training.

You would need to ensure the driver training is approved by JAUPT in order for it to count towards the periodic training.

Sent from my mobile.

14 hours if done 1 to 1 or 28 hours if 2 to 1

ROG:

tachograph:

Sent from my mobile.

Is that for 4 days training ?

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

ROG:

tachograph:

Sent from my mobile.

Is that for 4 days training ?

Sent from my mobile.

Standard 5 day course with test on day 5
3.5 x 4 if 1 to 1
7 x 4 if 2 to 1 (for both trainees)

Also, consider that if you take 2 and 4 they are a pass/fail. Possibility of not passing?

If you do 35 hours “refresher” CPC course there is no pass/fail. As long as you turn up on time, sign the register, you´ll automatically qualify for CPC.

Great help and advice chaps. Pretty sure I will go the 35 hour route as I was planning to do a couple of courses to broaden my knowledge and I believe they count towards the 35 hours so all good. Plus as commented it’s 2 exams that I don’t have to pass

dunkster:
I’m desperate to crack on with my training but getting any info about this out of them is proving difficult

Getting info out of them is usually virtually impossible - took me months to get those useless idiots to sort it out between DVSA testing dept and pearsonvue. Both as incompetant as eachother.

The 35 hours is defo a better route if you’re a pre 1997 licence, just didn’t find out until it was too late.

Just a good thing you dont have to do it again for class 1.

Amazingly the lady I just spoke to at dvsa this afternoon was pretty helpful. Hopefully it works out the way she said it would