Trolls

Am I the only one who gets a bit suspicious when a new member appears, usually asking daft and/or controversial questions or making stupid statements. We’ve had a sharp rise in trolling over the past year and it’s getting annoying for the masses. Could admin put all new members on pre mod for the first 50 posts, just until we can determine if they have good and intelligent intentions

on a different forum i use,the admin have decided theyve had enough of multiple identities and have issued an ultimatum.you own up,either by pm or public post by a certain deadline or youre banned.
personally,i would remove the pm option…then we all could see who the culprits are :bulb:

it was quite amusing seeing some of the forum stalwartsgrovelling exuses,although why they didnt cough up in private…i`ll never know

good idea… i think there is a post on here asking … ‘’ HOW DO I COUPLE UP A TRAILER’’ …the mind boggles :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Why should mods remove multiple usernames? I know of at least 2 that use different ones. :unamused:

gadge:
good idea… i think there is a post on here asking … ‘’ HOW DO I COUPLE UP A TRAILER’’ …the mind boggles :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Does that mean I have multiple usernames… No!!!

Get off your horse.

bigvern1:
Why should mods remove multiple usernames? I know of at least 2 that use different ones. :unamused:

case of the teapot calling the kettle black…me thinks :slight_smile:

Only got 2 names here. I only used the other once. In fact I can’t actually recall that one. :open_mouth:
Or do you mean the “Other feller?” :wink:

I was on about mods having multiple user names…but seeing as you’ve fessed up…

Common knowledge who “we” are! :wink:

There may be a valid reason for a mod having 2 usernames or any other member for that matter don’t make you a troll but no reason to have more than that

I come here & read a lot of the posts but don’t post a lot my self but that is just me

Some mods like to be normal users from time to time without the pressure of having to moderate the forum so they will log on with another name. It has been discussed before.

Trolls are a problem that the owners of TN have recently told Mods/Admins to crack down upon.

Multiple usernames aren’t necessarily a problem, and aren’t against forum rules EXCEPT when a new username is created for circumventing a suspension.

It’s all in the forum rules, which posters have already agreed to:

We need a troll filter

commonrail:
I was on about mods having multiple user names…but seeing as you’ve fessed up…

What do you mean mods. There is only one bloke on here :laughing: who has a moderator button

Multiple user names are necessary!

dieseldave:
Trolls are a problem that the owners of TN have recently told Mods/Admins to crack down upon.

Multiple usernames aren’t necessarily a problem, and aren’t against forum rules EXCEPT when a new username is created for circumventing a suspension.

Forum rules and sanction system - WEBSITE INFORMATION - Trucknet UK

i don`t see how multiple user names are any less of a problem than trolls…

commonrail:

dieseldave:

Forum rules and sanction system - WEBSITE INFORMATION - Trucknet UK

i don`t see how multiple user names are any less of a problem than trolls…

Depends why you have more than 1 username as has been said sometimes a mod just want to be a normal forum member & not a mod

yes i can understand mods having a different user name…for gently manipulating the forum :wink:.
but i can`t see any benefit in allowing normal members multiple names…apart from artificially inflating the membership :bulb:

commonrail:
yes i can understand mods having a different user name…for gently manipulating the forum :wink:.
but i can`t see any benefit in allowing normal members multiple names…apart from artificially inflating the membership :bulb:

I think trolls should be banned, i also think you are using the feedback forum to raise your post count! Please refrain from doing so in future.

commonrail:

So how do you stop anyone using multiple usernames ?
if they post from a different IP address- use a different e-mail address (the system already only allows one user name per e-mail address) how can you tell for sure its the same person and not just someone else with a similar posting style- banning multiple usernames hasnt been done because it is almost impossible to enforce- what is being done that most dont see, is most people screw up and forget which internet connection they use for which username and we can then prove the link, and if they are trolls both get premodded.

if you know of a system that will let us know of every instance of multiple user names (not just conjecture but hard facts) then please let us know