trip to oban

tomorrow i’m going from galsgow to oban on the paper map there appears to be a 14 ft bridge on the a85 and the a83 and a816 don’t look to nice either is there better options i should use?

If your trailer is too high then teh only way to go round is via inveraray, Lochgilphead then Oban (Its a fair diversion but the only way). I wouldnt try them low bridges even if your a few inches to high as its well sign posted MILES before you get to it.

Oban Express they have a depot in glasgow !!!

scottishcruiser:
If your trailer is too high then teh only way to go round is via inveraray, Lochgilphead then Oban (Its a fair diversion but the only way). I wouldnt try them low bridges even if your a few inches to high as its well sign posted MILES before you get to it.

how long should it take my sat nav say 3 1\2 hours but that seem optomistic on roads like those

I can’t give you a feel for the time it will take via A83 and A 816 but the A83 is not a bad road. However the A816 has quite a few sharp bends and short but steep inclines - often they come together.

petrock:
I can’t give you a feel for the time it will take via A83 and A 816 but the A83 is not a bad road. However the A816 has quite a few sharp bends and short but steep inclines - often they come together.

i beg your pardon :open_mouth:

keep an eye out for dingo and mcploppy both really nice fellas.

Hey bud sorry I didnt reply earlier, was away arun myself… How did you get on■■? Its a seriously crap road isnt it?? You dare’nt meet to many other lorries… ALso quite a few 90degree bends eh■■? Its a real shame they need to send people up there with high trailers.

the road up to oban/lochgilphead/inverary is a loggers paradise, they pretty much own that road lol.

it is a dire road but you do get some nice views on it.

Mr.B would certainly have been glad to see Rest and be Thankful, if he,d have had an ERF B Series with a 180 Gardner chugging up that hill. He would then have fully realised why it is called what it is. I,m surprised it wasn,t named TFFT. :laughing: :laughing:

I love that road :slight_smile: especially the bacon rolls from the butty van on the car park at the summit

scottishcruiser:
Hey bud sorry I didnt reply earlier, was away arun myself… How did you get on■■? Its a seriously crap road isnt it?? You dare’nt meet to many other lorries… ALso quite a few 90degree bends eh■■? Its a real shame they need to send people up there with high trailers.

I met a coach on the 90’ bend that’s at the summit to a steep hill! That was fun lol

gogzy:
the road up to oban/lochgilphead/inverary is a loggers paradise, they pretty much own that road lol.

it is a dire road but you do get some nice views on it.

Dont know what you mean by that lol.

Ended up goin to inverness on friday ,so there was little chance of spotting Mr.B :frowning: