TRIP TO ITALY

Please could anyone tell me if i can go through the frejus tunnel or mont blanc with my 1998 s plate scania or have i got to go over the top. :exclamation:

Hullo littleman,
Yes you can go through either tunnel with your wagon, you obviously can’t go over the top if you go to Mont Blanc, and you can only go over the top ( Mont Cenis ) of the Frejus tunnel if your gross weight is less than 19 tons. There are of course other routes that we all used to use in the 70’s - 80’s to save permits. Today, things being as they are you are probably best off to use the Blanc.
Cheers, Archie.

What is the Euro rating of the engine? I believe you need a minimum of Euro 3.

Don’t think you can use the Blanc with a '98 S reg Scania (who’d want to anyway :wink: ) but you should be OK through the Frejus which is my preferred route anyway :smiley: :sunglasses:

Hullo all,
Whoops! That’s me shot down in flames eh, it’s a long time since I did it, of course as pointed out the Frejus is the better route, but for a first timer I would have said as I did, the Blanc. Mind you I know nothing about Euro rated engines, Sorry.
Cheers, Archie.

harry absoulte minimum for the tunnels is euro 1 but i think zebadee’s scanny should be euro 2 i think our v reg got through ok and its euro 2

Try looking on the links to the tunnel sites, and reading
through the sites as to what the requirements are,they
are in the euro-stickys

Can someone please enlighten me as to where the info regarding euro 1 , 2, or 3 is noted - V5?. I have a 1999 ERF 11 litre ■■■■■■■ and apart from an expired City of London Low Emission certificate which still does not clearly state its euro status, I have nothing to show?? Thanks

you should talk to your dealer, in this case Man as they have taken ERF over
and so supply you with the information and documents required,

Thank you :wink: