Trip to Austria Help Needed PLease

The company I’m working for are sending 2 Military trucks to Austria and I have been asked to drive 1 . These are ex demonstrators that are now not required by the army, so dont have tacho’s fitted. I was wondering whether I needed some sort of record regarding working hours, as I only drive Military trucks I’m not subject to tacho rules & the trucks are not fitted with tacho’s anyway. I also am not sure about the Toll situation, I don’t think the German Maut system requires you to pay the toll on a military truck , but I think I will still have to have a go box for Austria & E-vignette for Belgium.

Having never driven a Truck abroad before I am not sure of the documentation required so any help would be gratefully received.

,here are a few sites to look through,
as regards Germany is the vehicle still
painted up as a military vehicle, and
do you have paperwork to prove that
they are being returned as ex demo vehicles,
now as regards the Euro vignette check up
as you may find that you do not have to pay
here also,

LINK-1

LINK-2

LINK-3

hope the above helps if these vehicles still belong to
the OAF–MAN factory or who ever why not ask them
direct for some help with the procurement of information,

Many thanks for the reply, I’m sure they are either Green or Sand in colour, will find out when they are collected from the Army this week.

I am not going to make any comment on tacho rules for it seems a lot more complicated to me. As of the toll, IMHO, “military vehicles” in the toll regs and laws mean vehicles owned and operated by the army (of relevant country or befriended armies too). As the vehicles in question are demos or ex-demo, they are probably owned by their manufacturer or dealer or whoever rather than an army so are not “military vehicles” as such, though they are green and have been built for military use. Moreover, you’re not working for the army by for a company as you say… Best you can do is to ask at toll Collect and Asfinag.
I’ve heard that in Austria only Austrian military trucks are exempt from the toll, if civilian hauliers are used to move stuff on order from the army they still have to pay the toll and get it refunded afterwards.

If you are driving military vehicles, I would imagine that it will be pretty clear to the Austrian authorities that they invited you, you didn’t invite Austria, and if anyone gives you a problem I would suggest to zem zat zey refer zee problem to zee higher authority. :wink:

they might panic, shouting “Ze Englanderz are invading”. “you are allowed to invade, but you must pay ze maut” :laughing:
“for you ze vor iz over”.

Now, if they were German military vehicles they could travel anywhere in Europe without paying tolls or taxes- the drivers don’t even need a passport. :wink:

best thing to do is take some blank tacos and fill in the back with felt tip pen and signe em when you park up at night dont let em lapse ofer 4 hours

didler

Drive backwards and tell them you are Italian

I was involved in work around Kosovo in the late 90’s and we didn’t have to pay tolls in Austria or Italy, I can’t remember if we had to pay the vignette in Germany, but I think we had to pay tolls in France. These were not military vehicles, but were doing military work.

Wheel Nut:
Drive backwards and tell them you are Italian

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: