Trip Tag Along?

I am looking at a career change very shortly as the company I work for at the moment is on the brink of banruptcy and I want to take up driving for a living.

Cruising on the motorway, or country roads really appeals (Cant stand the office anymore) but I have never even so much as sat in a lorry before.

I reckon I would need to ‘tag along’ on a few trips to see if its something I would really like to do.

Any suggestion as to how I could achieve this? I live in Bury,Lancs and i don’t know of many firms up this way.

Help appreciated.

GMANSCAN

Moved to where it will get more views. GMANSCAN I’m sure there are a number of members who would relish the idea of demonstrating their skills to a wannabee, but would also be apprehensive about committing themselves to 10 or 12 hours in a vehicle with someone with whom they have no common interests. Perhaps an outline of age, domestic status, current occupation, hobbies, interests, etc, would not be too much to ask. Nothing too formal. Just be yourself. K

I realise that not many people would want to offer the passenger seat on a trip when they dont even know the person so i thought i would let everyone know I’m 23yrs, been driving for approx 6 years although dont yet have c2 or c1, currently work in an airline operations room (also done that for 7 years.) Love music (play drums/sing) and will talk to anyone about almost anything.

I’m a quick learner and would love the chance to try something new.

Cheers

GMANSCAN

hi mate this Weekend when most of our members return to their computers, I am sure you will get a reply!!

I would be happy to show you round a truck here in the Boro but alas to far away!
I am sure we have members that live closer that would also take you out for a drive!

watch this space! :smiley:

Gman i dont know fully what you situation is but if you would consider moving some time i could get you work with 3 or 4 companies where i live or nearby.

If you had your licence now you could start next day or so where i work if you dont mind days, as for a lift to sus. the job out i would be happy to help you , if my boss says yes and you dont mind coming down here for a few days, im not driving at the minute but im sure i could get you shown about a truck and maybe a run out with someone.

Thanks Jammy,

I’m not considering moving from the Manchester at the moment but I really do appreciate the offer. I will bear in mind though for the possible visit/dayout etc

My problem (as i’m sure it is for everone) is funding for the training so it will be a while before I have my licence.

It is a shame really cos it seems I’m missing out on meeting a load of nice people out on the Open Road!!

Thanks again.

GMANSCAN

Cant wait, Almost weekend, eh TC?? lol

GMANSCAN

Good luck in your quest, and as has been said, your thread will receive a lot more attention at the weekend.

You may have noticed some postings on TruckNet by a member called MargateMafia (Wayne) I took Wayne out for the day in the truck before he had passed his class 1 (which he has now done) and both he and I enjoyed the experience. I would so the same for you except that I live on the Kent coast and rarely venture “oop North”

Hopefully someone will be able to help- keep us posted.

Vince

bump to the top :smiley:

Where is MargateMafia anyway■■? not seen anything from him all week!

TheBear:
Where is MargateMafia anyway■■? not seen anything from him all week!

I`m afraid his days of tapping away at the computer every evening are well and truly over.

He passed his test… Poor sap!!!

Vince

I was wonderin where the hell Margate was…then realized he no longer has time for us :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: …good luck to you mate and post whenever you can :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink:

SCANTHEMAN