Tried to apply at an airport

So I tried to apply driving a catering truck at an airport today where they accepted newbies, it was all fine until I told them my previous work and they said they couldn’t let me work on them references, wouldn’t they have to do a proper background check anyway?

From what I read if it’s Manchester not much driving involved anyway, mainly loading aircraft.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

austers:
So I tried to apply driving a catering truck at an airport today where they accepted newbies, it was all fine until I told them my previous work and they said they couldn’t let me work on them references, wouldn’t they have to do a proper background check anyway?

Think it’s something like a 5 yr work check then the background check so anything that flags up they’ll pass you by .

And I mean ANYTHING

If its Alpha at MAN, I’ve done several seasons for them, and they will bend over backwards for you to work for them.

What do you mean by

I told them my previous work and they said they couldn’t let me work on them references

nick2008:
Think it’s something like a 5 yr work check then the background check so anything that flags up they’ll pass you by .

All airport jobs say this, but it’s not. I took 7 months of work during one season with alpha, didn’t claim with the social had enough money saved up to pay bills and do things, they just have to prove to the airport that you have been in the uk, and a personal reference can do that. Just proved them with a new CRC check back on the job.

I work for Alpha at EMA and actually quite enjoy it. There isn’t loads of driving involved but everyday is different.

They were really accommodating with me when it came to references etc for the 5 year history. From application to interview to starting took about 6 weeks in all but have found them a pretty good company to work for.