Tricky Daily rest question

Well, might be not tricky but bit confused.
So.
Monday-Tuesday reduced 9hrs
Tuesday-Wednesday reduced 9hrs
Wednesday-Thursday reduced 9hrs
Thursday
7:00am-17:10 driving/breaks/other work
3hrs break to 20:10 (breakdown)
3min driving to 20:13
20:15 daily rest.
At first glance I went over shift time by 15min,
but because my breakdown took exact 3hrs some idea springs in mind. (you know. Customers always desperate for their load).
So the question is:
Can I take 9hrs rest as a split daily rest?
Thanks in advance!

Have you made not of breakdown in case you need it ie on a printout of tach or if analogue on back or in a dairy so you will remember :question:

If not why not :question:

If not do so asap

You can have split daily rest everyday (that you work) if you want.

Already have found the answer on my own question.
Yes.
As long 3hrs +9hrs rest are within 24hrs of your shift start tiime. And it’s not reduced daily rest.

P.S
Yes. I have done printouts. That’s how I discover that I had exact 3hrs break/rest.

Does your truck have a bunk in it ?

Terry T:

As the driver only did 15 mins from the breakdown fix to starting daily rest I must assume the 3 min driving was to park up and sleep in cab so it must have a bunk

Manual entry to explain the 15 mins extra due to breakdown will be ok

Rest for 3 + 9 = regular daily rest so not reduced

ROG:

Terry T:

As the driver only did 15 mins from the breakdown fix to starting daily rest I must assume the 3 min driving was to park up and sleep in cab so it must have a bunk

The OP hasn’t gone over by 15 minutes and has no need to do a manual entry or printouts because he’s done nothing wrong.

tachograph:

ROG:

Terry T:

The OP hasn’t gone over by 15 minutes and has no need to do a manual entry or printouts because he’s done nothing wrong.

My error - was thinking 0700 to 2015 = 15.25 hours = DOH!!

ROG:
My error - was thinking 0700 to 2015 = 15.25 hours = DOH!!

The OP has asked if he can use the 3 hour breakdown as part of a split daily rest. This suggests to me that he’s already used his 3 reduced daily rests and needs a split to explain going over 13 hours.

ROG:

Terry T:

Not necessarily. If he’s gone over his hours he’d have to park up anyway wouldn’t he ?

Actually, what are you supposed to do if you run out of duty time in a day cab if you’re say, 100 mile from base with no chance of recovery ?

Always wondered that.

Terry T:

ROG:

Terry T:

Not necessarily. If he’s gone over his hours he’d have to park up anyway wouldn’t he ?

Actually, what are you supposed to do if you run out of duty time in a day cab if you’re say, 100 mile from base with no chance of recovery ?

Always wondered that.

He was not over hours - he could have another 1 hour 45 mins on shift as he did a 3 + 9 regular daily rest

If in a day cab and broken down without any chance of recovery then that is an emergency covered in the regs - if the recovery was going to mean going hours over time then I would have arranged for recovery the next day and gone to a B&B and back by taxi with the company required to pay all the expenses

Ha, this is getting confusing. Let me try to explain where I’m coming from.

The OP is obviously aware of reduced daily rests so knows you can do 15 hour shifts. But he parked up after 13.25 hours on a Thursday night. This suggests to me that he’s already done 3 reducers Monday to Wednesday so thought he had to park up as he had no reduced daily rests left.

He has now realised that he didn’t actually need to park up as he could’ve used the 3 hour breakdown as part of a split daily rest. So my question still stands, does he have a bunk in his truck. I’ve seen no concrete evidence from the OP to suggest he has. We don’t all have the luxury of bunks. I’ve had several day cabs this week and we still do long distance and 15s in them.

If the OP thought he was over his hours he could’ve parked up after his breakdown to await recovery. Chances are he has a bunk, was just clarifying as it’s a question I’ve seen asked several times on here.