TRG and Tesco

Has anyone clicked the TRG advert looking for drivers for Tesco yet?

you’ll drive mapped-out routes in a brand new vehicle

Yeah, new about 3 years ago :laughing: :laughing:

beats driving one that 10 years old !

holliefabbabe:
beats driving one that 10 years old !

Yeah but when they are saying you’ll be driving brand new trucks, when most of them are 60 plate with the odd 61 and 62 plate which are thin on the ground :laughing: :laughing:

I would have thought the age of the vehicles to be secondary to the fact that they have to advertise widely for drivers, that should tell you all you need to know.

They are still running 58 plates up here

What mileage is on tesco 59 plates just out of pure interest? want to see if its above or below mine on 870,000kms

merc0447:
What mileage is on tesco 59 plates just out of pure interest? want to see if its above or below mine on 870,000kms

It depends on the depot they came from, some are on about 300,000kms and some are close to 500,000…
I had a 60 plate that was almost at 580,000…

I wouldn’t really be interested in how old (or not) the trucks are, it’s the figure which comes after the £ sign which is more important that the one on the number plate surely…

TRG is an agency, and as seen on here many have opinions about agencies, however they are offering full time PAYE jobs with guaranteed hours (something many other agencies cant quite to seem manage to deliver) with flexible hours/days/shifts, I cant say wether the rates quoted are achievable if your not flexible, but over £500 take home, per week, for no nights out is a reasonable wage in this day and age. Throw in a free DCPC course and subsidised canteen and if you can stomach working via an agency it doesn’t look so bad - I have seen a lot worse offers from haulage companies

And before you all start, I know they advertise on here, but I have no part in their advertising, never spoken to them and basing my comments solely on the offer I have seen on their website :stuck_out_tongue:

The 59 plates drive just as good as the 60/61 plate apart from them being manuals they are all in good/clean condition.
Our 59’s are surpose to be going end of the yr

I quite enjoy being handed the keys & finding my own way around, yes I care about the figures that come after the £ sign but I also want to operate a safe/good comfortable motor, the outfit in question doesn’t provide that…!

Someone here must be gaining In some way by promoting an agency when most people in their right mind wouldn’t go anywhere near!

Pimpdaddy:
Someone here must be gaining In some way by promoting an agency when most people in their right mind wouldn’t go anywhere near!

I just checked my bank account- its looking as bad as ever-no brown envelopes here - sorry to dispel any illusion you may have

I maintain that over £500 take home a week with no nights out is a decent wage if it is achievable. and for that money I would drive any old legal nail

Not everything is a conspirancy you know, I may just comment because I want to

Pimpdaddy:
I quite enjoy being handed the keys & finding my own way around, yes I care about the figures that come after the £ sign but I also want to operate a safe/good comfortable motor, the outfit in question doesn’t provide that…!

I thought you liked tesco

nearly there:

I don’t just like, I freakin’ love tosco…!

Over £500 is a good wage yes I’m not disputing that, it’s how you earn it that’s the problem…!

£500 take home with no nights out being a good wage really depends on the hours and days involved. I know a bloke on fantastic money for what he does, which is £480 for a job where he does one hitters with no reloads and no pressure on him to get back if he doesn’t want or likewise, run out if he doesn’t want. Then I know a bloke who takes £850 a week on a wrecker. Believe me that’s crap. If I told you what he did for it your eyes would water

wages is what I went to work for… not registration plates …

Rikki-UK:
TRG is an agency, and as seen on here many have opinions about agencies, however they are offering full time PAYE jobs with guaranteed hours (something many other agencies cant quite to seem manage to deliver) with flexible hours/days/shifts, I cant say wether the rates quoted are achievable if your not flexible, but over £500 take home, per week, for no nights out is a reasonable wage in this day and age. Throw in a free DCPC course and subsidised canteen and if you can stomach working via an agency it doesn’t look so bad - I have seen a lot worse offers from haulage companies

And before you all start, I know they advertise on here, but I have no part in their advertising, never spoken to them and basing my comments solely on the offer I have seen on their website :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of the trg lads I speak to are getting dropped for days here and there with very little notice, just being told we don’t need you tomorrow, I asked about them supposedly being on guaranteed hours and was told its a load of old ■■■■.

Double post

Pimpdaddy:

nearly there:

I don’t just like, I freakin’ love tosco…!

Pimpdaddy has even got a tesco tattoo :laughing: :laughing: