Trees over hanging on some a roads

I have now lost 3 mirror covers on some a roads . councils don’t seem to do anything

In the 80’s on the buses we went around the routes on an open topped decker with a saw and cut the branches down…It made a nice change when on standby and we didnt even wear gloves or helmets or anything :laughing: :laughing:

The road from the M3 jct 3 into Bracknell. Have a look at the overhanging trees after the first set of lights :open_mouth: Thick branches quite low in the middle of the road, probably done untold damage to cars on transporters.

not just the damage to vehicles, but how often have you not been able to see road signs because of the bushes etc?

Drift:
In the 80’s on the buses we went around the routes on an open topped decker with a saw and cut the branches down…It made a nice change when on standby and we didnt even wear gloves or helmets or anything :laughing: :laughing:

del949:
not just the damage to vehicles, but how often have you not been able to see road signs because of the bushes etc?

Terrible , I guess it’s blamed on lack of funds. Nothing worse when you miss the sign and have to find somewhere to spin around

The responsibility doesn’t always fall on the council to trim trees or bushes, it could be the responsibility of the land owners, which means you could sue the land owners for damage to your vehicle, just like you could sue the council for damage if they are there responsibility.

terry.burton:
I have now lost 3 mirror covers on some a roads . councils don’t seem to do anything

Have you called the council and told them?

same idea for potholes…if you wreck your car on a tree or pothole,.call the council up as a different person and complain about branches/potholes. make sure you have all the details and witnesses regarding the call,whom you were speaking to etc.wait 2 days,then claim for wrecking your car on that day,…as far as im aware if you can prove they had more than 24 hours notice,then they are liable,but if they haven’t been informed prior to any accidental damage,then they can wriggle out of it.you can facebook etc for info,and the original caller can magically contact you proving prior notice…would this be correct procedure,or,am I waffling on a load of pish again… :confused:

dieseldog999:
same idea for potholes…if you wreck your car on a tree or pothole,.call the council up as a different person and complain about branches/potholes. make sure you have all the details and witnesses regarding the call,whom you were speaking to etc.wait 2 days,then claim for wrecking your car on that day,…as far as im aware if you can prove they had more than 24 hours notice,then they are liable,but if they haven’t been informed prior to any accidental damage,then they can wriggle out of it.you can facebook etc for info,and the original caller can magically contact you proving prior notice…would this be correct procedure,or,am I waffling on a load of pish again… :confused:

Near enough correct. Had to claim for a new front wheel last year, pothole has to be reported first and then you make a claim.
Council is not responsible if they didn’t have prior knowledge of pothole.
It took 2 1/2 months for their insurance to pay out.

Dave55:
The road from the M3 jct 3 into Bracknell. Have a look at the overhanging trees after the first set of lights :open_mouth: Thick branches quite low in the middle of the road, probably done untold damage to cars on transporters.

i went by yesterday and noticed some have been cut back ,just after the lights , up by the layby they are still hanging over

all they need is one of these :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=I3D4FN5cdZk

make sure the sound is up :wink:

All part of the austerity measures I am afraid. Many councils and highway authorities are faced with cuts to their budgets from central government running into millions. Efficiencies and innovation only go so far so now we are in the realms of essential maintenance just not being done.Gulleys and culverts are not maintained hence the flooding and subsidence and hedge and tree cutting not being done hence HGV’s loosing mirrors and DD trailers getting damaged. This seems at odds with the latest DFT safety campaign of the dangers of driving on rural roads its central governments funding cuts that are causing the bloody dangers. I have not noticed a reduction in my taxes so where is all this money going. Whats more we suffer these austerity measures to the detriment of our standard of living only to them be told by the EU that because the UK have chosen this path and are recovering quicker than the EU states that have chosen to carry on regardless we must pay further financial penalties…really!

There is also a closed season for cutting hedges on agricultural land, runs from 1 March to 31 July to protect birds no idea what the councils’ excuse are probably ‘environmental protection’.

Ive found this to be a big problem when im unfortunate enough to be allocated “local” runs around Norfolk. Also, thick overgrown hedgerows encroaching solidly up to a foot into an already barely wide enough lane are a constant headache. Undoubtedly a symptom of budget constraints, im afraid. As said, private landowners have a care of duty to maintain, but if it doesnt cause inconvenience to themselves or their horsey neighbours, they simply dont give a toss. Add to that, the locals who think that knowing the lanes and bends as intimately as they do gives them a perfectly legitimate excuse to tear arse around like Marcus Gronholm...............and then theres the horse boxes…and the sugar beet terrorists…oh, don`t get me started! :grimacing:

Drift:

Ya know the kids will never believe that story.

You were doing so well until you mentioned the lack of gloves or helmuts.

:slight_smile:

‘…Trees over hanging on some a roads…’

midlifetrucker:
‘…I guess it’s blamed on lack of funds…’

Nah, the facts include that the mainstream, pro-EU ‘they’ prefer to send £53 million per day of our tax money plus the demanded £1.7 billion before Christmas to the EU as grovel-money instead of maintaining basics for the UK first.

No-one gives very much of a toss about - being disenfranchised as we are: Self included

Diversity? No thanks …but since no-one cares about that either, I’m off down the pub :smiley: